Chapter 2

A/N: Vote and Comment and hopefully Enjoy!

~*~*~

            The moment I got home, I realized that my younger brother, Kevin, had his best friend over, so I did the sensible thing and escaped upstairs before they could have the chance to attack me with highly dangerous paper airplanes.  My own room was filled with a soft, yellow glow that streamed in from a window, leaving strips of light on the just cleaned carpet.  The walls were covered with posters of animals—dogs, horses, you name it.  It was to make my room appear more colorful.

            When I was little, I had insisted that my parents kept my walls white.  I’m not quite sure what I was thinking when I requested that because now I want it any color besides that.  Don’t get me wrong; white is a great color.  Sophomore year we did this whole lesson on symbols, and I still remember that white stood for purity and innocence; however, I did kind of wish it was a different color.  Something like a light green to make me feel as if I were constantly in a meadow or maybe a light blue so that I would feel as if I were flying.  Even a nice red or pink would do.

            My bed, luckily, is a light blue color—my favorite color.  In a way, it reminds me of the sky and sometimes just laying on it can make me feel as if the world was at peace. Or it may be just the comfortable feel of the bed.  Either way, it was a wonderful feeling.

            The drawers and shelves around my room were light brown colors making my room have a very sporadic feel to it.  I mean white walls, light blue bed, and light brown shelves couldn’t get any more random. 

For a moment, I debated on doing homework or not before realizing that I had left my backpack downstairs and had no intention of getting it yet.  Yawning, I dove onto my bed and opened up my laptop, but for some reason, even the internet couldn’t distract me from the pesky question in the back of my mind and the anxiety I was getting from the wait—the wait to see what Ashton Fly was going to do with my number.  With a sigh, I dragged myself off of the bed and over to my desk to start on my homework; of course that didn’t distract me any better.

            Finally, unable to take the suspense any longer, I walked over to one of the many book shelves around my room and look around until I finally found what I was looking for—last year’s yearbook.  “I’m such a stalker,” I mumbled a bit guiltily under my breath as I searched up ‘Fly’ in the index.  Immediately, I regretted it when I found his picture.  How is it possible someone is so photogenic?  Slamming the yearbook shut in frustration, I flushed slightly at how awkward the conversation I had earlier with him was.

            “Way to make yourself look like an idiot,” I muttered, rubbing my temples.  “Watch him post the number on some creepy dating site or—”

            Suddenly, the doorbell rung, and I drifted off from my rant, thankful for some excuse to get my mind off of him.  “Kevin!  Can you get that?”  I yelled only to be greeted by silence.  “Kevin.  This isn’t time to play your games!”

            More silence.

            Kicking the lazy me off the bed, I rushed downstairs to open the door.  Fumbling with the doorknob, I finally yanked it open only to come face to face with someone I just saw.  Or rather just saw a picture of.

            I blinked several times before collecting my cool and raising an eyebrow in disbelief.  “What are you doing here?” 

            He stared back at me with an equally stunned expression before saying, “Well, if it isn’t the guy I met today.”