So Close

The nightmare sand tornado was still coming right at them.

"MOVE!" Merida yelled, already turning around and starting to run the opposite direction. Everyone else followed.

"Jump on!" Hiccup grabbed Merida and pulled her on Toothless. Merida then reached out her hand for Rapunzel, who was still running behind them.

"I...can't..." Rapunzel wheezed as she tried to run faster and grab Merida's hand but her arms were full of hair, some of it trailing behind her.

Rapunzel was bright pink with exhaustion and her green eyes were wide in fear. The nightmare sand tornado was getting closer and she was right in front of it.

Jack picked Elsa up bridal-style but she didn't protest. They needed to fly so they could escape the tornado.

As they began to lift off the ground, Elsa shouted over the tornados wind:

"Jack, the others-"

"Don't worry," Jack smiled reassuringly, "They'll make it"

He had faith in his team.

...

Merida suddenly had an idea. she leaned backwards as far as she could on Toothless and yelled over the tornados noise:

"Lass, throw me some of ya hair!" Merida reached out her hand. Rapunzel was confused but she threw an armful of her hair at Merida. Merida caught it and shouted to Hiccup:

"FLY!"

''But Rapunzel's-"

"Trust me and FLY!"

This time, Hiccup obeyed and guided Toothless off the ground. As they started to take off, Rapunzel clutched on her hair for dear life. She could feel the nightmare tornado right behind her. Strong winds caught on  and whipped her hair in her face.

Toothless was already in the air now and Rapunzel was swinging from the end of her hair, bending a piece so it wouldn't pull on her skull.

"C'mon, buddy!" Hiccup shouted to Toothless as the wind picked upon stronger, pulling them towards the black tornado. They could had the cruel laugh of Pitch a distance away.

Toothless let out a dragon shriek and flapped his wings harder against the strong wing. Rapunzel thrashed around dangerously, terrified yet thrilled.

"THIS WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN IF WE WERE NOT GONNA DIE!" Rapunzel yelled, laughing and crying at the same time.

Hiccup and Merida ignored her statement and continued squinting against the wind. The tornado kept pulling them back but they made it in the sky. The winds immediately died down and the air was slightly calmer.

"Can't...breath..." Hiccup gasped, struggling against Merida's strong grip around him.

Merida hadn't even noticed she was holding him tight since they almost got sucked into a nightmare tornado. There was no sign of Pitch and Anna and Flynn were hiding amongst the trees. Jack was flying next to them with Elsa in his arms. Rapunzel was swinging below them, still laughing and crying.

"We're safe," Merida sighed in relief, "Tornado's can't fly"

Elsa suddenly gasped out loud and Jacks face was grim as he muttered:

"Well, This one can"

...

Anna and Flynn were watching them.

Pitch bad disappeared somewhere (probably to regroup some nightmares while the others got sucked into the tornado) and Anna and Flynn were watching the other in the sky. They got along okay, since they would probably becoming family when Rapunzel will marry Flynn.