Just Accidentally Listening

"Why did Manny bring us here? If he wanted to save us, why didn't he just make us appear in Jamie's house or something?" Jack asked, frustrated.

"Maybe he just wants us to train, maybe we're not strong enough" Hiccup suggested.

They were all sitting outside, in the sunshine, discussing what to do. Hiccup had decided not to invite Astrid and the others since they might wanna come too. He still wasn't sure about Astrid and Merida being around each other yet.

"Train?" Jack scoffed, "We're strong enough!"

Everyone gave him a look.

"Ya sure?" Merida raised her eyebrow.

"Okay, last time wasn't out best fight;" Jack said admittedly, "But that's because we weren't prepared!"

"I sorta agree with Hiccup," Rapunzel said, fiddling with her hair on the grass, "Why else would Manny bring us to a tough village with swords and dragons?"

"Me, too," Anna agreed, "I might not have been chosen by Manny to fight along, but it's pretty obvious he brought you here for a reason"

"Well, okay fine, we train but then what?" Jack snapped.

He couldn't help feeling grumpy. Hiccup said that Berk had the really abnormal weather. The sun was beating down so hard, Jack thought he was going to melt. And trying to figure how to get back wasn't improving his mood.

"Fishlegs told me the next full moon in Berk is in a week," Elsa said, crossing her legs and shielding her eyes from the hot sun. She was the only one who was suffering as much as Jack from the heat.

"So Manny's givin' us a week," Merida shrugged. She just wanted to solve this out and then kick some Pitch Black butt.

"Maybe I can work on my shooting accuracy," Elsa glanced at her hands, thinking about how Pitch always dodged her attacks.

"Me too," Jack nodded. He wanted to defeat Pitch...and he wanted an excuse to be near Elsa during training.

"Can't rely on my bow all tha time so I'll try swords," Merida said, twinging the line on her bow. Anna immediately tried to be part of the conversation.

"I'll try the sword too," She said. Everyone raised their eyebrow. "What? Even if Manny didn't chose me, I can still help!"

Anna tried to hide her disappointment. She was feeling more unwanted then ever. Sure, Elsa did cheer her up when she complained last time but Elsa had no idea what Anna was feeling.

"I'm gonna try with a sword too," Rapunzel said, "Since I swing my frying pan around, how hard can a sword be?"

"We're just gonna work on out fighting techniques," Hiccup patted Toothless, who was trying to eat the snowflakes Elsa was making with her hands.

For a few minutes, they all sat there, thinking. Elsa was absentmindedly making snowflakes in her hands while Toothless was eating them. Anna kept glancing at everyone, feeling slightly powerless and out of place. Merida was still mad at Hiccup. She didn't know hwy. Maybe it was because of Astrid.

"Wait a minute..." Elsa suddenly said, breaking every ones thoughts. She was frowning, looking concerned and the snowflakes around her hand were thickening, reflecting her mood.

"What?" Merida asked for everyone.

"Pitch said he had friends..." Elsa's frown deepened. The others immediately caught up to her suggestion.

"It could be the nightmares he made us fight" Rapunzel shuddered, thinking about the grey Mother Gothel she had faced in Pitch's dark lair.

"That can't be it" Hiccup shook his head.