Chapter 9: Why Are You So Protective Over Me?

A/N: Here's the new chapter! I know it's only Tuesday but what's better than having more than one chapter a week? Absolutely nothing! And since I'm out of school now, I have more time to write! Leave me a comment below and tell me whether or not if you're out of school and if you like the story so far! We know we do! Enjoy the chapter! :)

Chapter 9: WhyAre You So Protective Over Me?

I huffed as I was sitting on Calum's bed with my arms crossed, still waiting for a reply from Calum. I had so many questions that were still unanswered and Calum just refused to answer them for some reason. It almost seemed like he was trying to protect me. I don't need protection.

"Why won't you answer any of my questions?" I blurted out, getting tired of Calum's games. To be quite honest, it was starting to annoy the hell out of me.

"What do you mean?" Calum asked, trying to act confused but I could see right through his act. He wasn't fooling me.

"Don't pull that shit with me Calum and just tell me what I want to know! I'm sick and tired of your games!" I exclaimed, starting to get pissed off.

Apparently so was Calum seeing as he whirled around to face me and completely forgot what he was doing. His breathing was getting heavier as well. "My games?! What games are you talking about huh? You mean the ones where I'm trying to protect you? Those games?"

I snorted and crossed my arms before standing up and walked towards him until we were nose to nose. "I don't need your protection, Calum. I'm a big girl and I can take care of myself! Why are you so protective over me anyway? Huh?"

He got quiet all of a sudden. He did nothing but stare intently at me before he let out a low growl. I didn't have enough time to think after what happened next. One minute we were having a staring contest, the next Calum had me up against the wall, kissing me roughly. He had his strong hands on my waist while my hands were tugging in his hair after I got over the initial shock that Calum was kissing me. Not only was he kissing me, but I liked the fact of how he was kissing me. The way his hands were digging into my waist and his tongue that was roaming dominantly in my mouth. He was in control and he knew it.

Suddenly he pulled away and backed away from me as if I were a virus. "I shouldn't have done that," he mumbled. Hearing that come out of his mouth hurt me. Badly. Did he not like kissing me? I guess not if he regrets it.

"You're right. You shouldn't have. Just like I shouldn't have fallen for you, but I did," I said bitterly as I pushed past him. I wasn't just going to stay here after what he said. I didn't realize that what I said was true until I got out of his house and felt the emptiness in my heart. Did I really fall for Calum in such a short amount of time? What was going on with me?

****

I closed the door quietly when I got home seeing as it was almost midnight and my dad was most likely asleep. I walked into the kitchen and switched on the lights only to find a note on the counter. I picked it up to see what it read:

Amanda,

I went out for a little bit so I probably won't be back before dinner. There's leftover pasta in the fridge for you to heat up.

                             Love you,

                             Dad

I sighed and got out the pasta that my dad was talking about, putting some in a bowl and popping it in the microwave to heat up. I leaned against the counter, waiting for the microwave to go off when I heard a thump coming from upstairs. What the hell? I got off of the counter and walked upstairs towards my room where I heard the noise come from.

Slowly opening the door, I peeked my head in and took a look around my room, but I didn't see anything. That's strange. I could have sworn that I heard something. I turned around to go back downstairs only to get pulled back into my room and the door closed behind whoever was in my room.

"W-who's there?" I asked, stuttering slightly.

"Relax, it's just me," a very familiar voice said reassuringly. The same voice that I did not want to talk to.

"What do you want Calum?" I sighed and crossed my arms across my chest.

"I need to tell you something Amanda."

"What?"

"It's the reason I'm so protective of you."

"Just tell me!"

There was a moment of silence between us before Calum finally spoke up. What he said next was not what I was expecting. "You're my mate."