Chapter 4: New Friends?

A/N: in case you guys haven't noticed, we have decided to make the first chapter of this story the prologue since it seems to be more of that than an actual first chapter. So this is the official Chapter 4 that was written by the co-owner of this story! I honestly can't thank her enough for helping me out with this story because to be quite honest, without her, this story would have ended a while back because I tend to procrastinate a lot. It's not that I don't love writing because I do! I just tend to procrastinate in everything I do.. Anyway, here's Chapter 4! We hope you guys like it! :)

Chapter 4: New Friends?

"So, what made you move out here?" Luke asked, throwing his napkin on his paper plate. Calum and his friends asked me to join them to go eat, and since I have nothing better to do, why not?

"Well, my parents got a divorce.." The table fell silent and I couldn't bare to look up. I coughed awkwardly, and I felt an arm being wrapped around my shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Sorry, he didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Calum's hush voice said into my ear.

"It's okay, it doesn't really bother me." I said, giving Luke an assuring smile, letting him know I'm not offended or upset.

"So Chrystal, I noticed you and Luke have the same tattoo?" I tried changing the subject.

"Oh, call me Kitai. I hate Chrystal, and that's why Luke said it. But yeah, we have the little triangle on our forearms. Mine is just the outline, his is actually colored in." I examined it closely, wondering what in the world it meant.

"We all have one, actually." Alyssa said, lifting her sleeve to show off her outline of a triangle.

"What does it mean?" The curiosity was killing me, it was so intriguing and I don't know why.

"We can't say, it's, like, a family secret."

"Family?"

"Yeah, we're all family, in a way." Ashton said, taking a sip from his soda, a dimple-filled smile on his face.

I smiled wide and I felt like trust towards these people. I felt like I could trust them, but I'm still a bit skeptical. I mean, although I feel a bit at home with them, they could be planning things with JJ and I could be the school's laughing stock.

"We're nothing like her. We hate her, and her little crew." Calum said, his lips pressed in a straight line. How did he know what I was thinking?

"So, how do you like your new house?" Michael asked, I smiled, and began giving in detail my new home. I explained everything from having two stories, to having woods for a backyard. They all seemed very interested, which was weird because I was only describing a house.

"We live near there, you'd be amazed how close we live." Chrys- I mean Kitai exclaimed with happy eyes.

"There are no houses near us, how do you liv-"

"No, not like super closer, but a good few miles away." Calum rushed. If looks could kill, Kitai would probably be dead right now. I decided not to make a remark about it, but it did make me wonder. Why was that such a big deal?

"I say we get out of here, I'm bored and I have a lot of homework to do." Alyssa, the only person who seemed to be oblivious to the tension in the air, sighed. We all agreed, and soon enough, Calum and I were walking side by side to his car.

"Lift?" He suggested. I nodded and thanked him before sitting into the passenger seat. His car smelled like a dog and cologne. Odd smell, very very odd.

"Do you have a dog?" I asked once he was settled in and driving. Calum gave me a confused face and shook his head. Instantly, I regretted asking. God, that was a stupid question.

"Why do you ask?"

"No, it just smells like a dog has been in here. Sorry if that was offensive! I shouldn't have asked and i'm really really sorr-"

"It's fine, Amanda." He chuckled. I gave him a shy smile, and kept quiet the rest of the ride.