Chapter 5: Wait, What?

A/N: Chapter 5 is finally out! Woohoo! I am so sorry that it took so long! This chapter was a split between the two of us so that's why it took so long for it to come out! We'll try to get better at getting our chapters out sooner! I can't promise anything but we'll try! Anyway, enjoy Chapter 5!

Chapter 5: Wait, What?

When Calum finally pulled into my driveway, I was surprised to see my boyfriend, Brett, sitting on the front porch. I couldn't help but wonder why he was here when he wasn't suppose to come visit until the weekend since that's the only time that we actually could spend time together. This can't be good. I thought as I hesitantly stepped out of the car, having a bad feeling about Brett's arrival.

"Brett? What are you doing here? I mean, not that I'm not happy to see you but I thought you weren't suppose to come until this weekend?" I asked him nervously

"I wanted to see you, baby." He replies with a smile on his face. He gave me somewhat of a hug before turning to Calum, who was leaning against his car.

"Hi, I'm Brett! You are?" Brett extended his hand at Calum which he accepted.

"Calum."

I watched as they exchanged a glance and then Brett was at my side again. It felt awkward being here, and I prayed that I wasn't the only one who felt the huge tension.

"Well, I think I should go. Bye Amanda, see you tomorrow." Calum got inside his car and drove away before I could even thank him for the ride. Brett's hand was tightly wrapped around my waist, and it felt so weird to me, so different. Not like it used to be when I lived over with him.

"Who was that guy?" His tone was edgy, and I could tell he was angry.

"Just a friend, he gave me a ride."

"I don't like him. Stop hanging out with him."

"No. That's not your choice."

"It is now. End of discussion."

I scoffed at him and got out of his grasp, "Fine, end of relationship." I grabbed my bag and walked inside of my house, locking the door instantly. I could hear Brett's cries of apologies and his banging on the door.

He just lost the best thing he could ever have. I thought as I walked through the back door to take a walk through the woods. I know I shouldn't when there's animals like wolves that live in the woods, but right now I didn't give a damn. I was too pissed off to care about anything.

"God fucking dammit!" I shouted, finally letting out my frustrations after about an hour of walking. I plopped down onto a fallen tree and just let out the biggest scream I could muster up. After everything that's been going on, I really needed it and damn did it feel good.

"You know, it's not the best decision to walk through the woods alone. You never know what could happen to you," a mysterious voice sounded from behind me. I jumped up from the fallen tree and turned around only to get pinned up against the tree in inhuman speed.

"W-who are you?" I managed to stutter out after having the wind knocked out of me.

"Hmm, wouldn't you like to know? Let's just say that you're my next meal."

The guy then smirked at me, revealing two sharp fangs that were aiming for my neck. Vampire. I thought as soon as I realized what was happening. I remember my grandmother telling me to watch out for them along with werewolves since they were known on this part of town but I just laughed it off, thinking she was kidding. Boy was I wrong.

Everything was a blur from there. One minute I was about to become a vampire's snack and the next I was on the floor. That's all I remember before I fell into unconsciousness.