Chapter 8: Why Me?

A/N: I know we said we would update every Saturday but Tumblr was being a pain in my ass so when I went to send my half to her so she could write her half of the chapter (aka making this a split chapter), Tumblr decided to not send it to her and eat it up! So she didn't really get it until Thursday when I sent it to her on Tuesday! Anyways, our apologies! Enjoy the new chapter! :)

Chapter 8: Why Me?

It has been three days since Calum had told me that he was a werewolf and I still can't wrap my head around it. I mean, since when did werewolves exist? Since when did supernaturals exist? As far as I know, none of them had ever existed except for only in books and stories made for little children. But the thing is that they were just for fun and never real, so when did it become a reality? I don't know, but I know one person who does: Calum.

"I need to talk to him," I mumbled to myself as I rolled out of bed and pulled on my favorite pair of combat boots since it was coming closer to October and the weather was getting colder. "I'm going for a walk dad!" I called out as I made my way downstairs and was out the door within seconds without letting my dad reply.

I walked down the street just in case my dad was watching through the window. My dad has been keeping a close eye on me ever since I walked in late at one in the morning when Calum had told me that he was a werewolf. Now, he rarely ever lets me out of his sight unless I manage to pull off not letting him reply and walk right out the door without being stopped.

I turned left at the end of our street and went straight into the woods where I knew Calum would somewhere be. He has to be in these woods. He just has to be.

Suddenly, I heard something crack behind me. I turned around slowly only to see no one there. "Calum?" I called out quietly in case it wasn't him. No one answered. No one was there. But what was that noise I heard? I could have sworn that I heard-

"Hello again," a sickeningly sweet voice whispered in my ear causing me to turn around so suddenly. The figure in front of me seemed so familiar but I couldn't place my finger on who it was. Ever since I woke up in Calum's room, the previous events have been a bit hazy.

“Wh-who are you?”

“Oh sweetie, you know who I am.” This voice wasn’t like the voice I somewhat remember hearing the other night. This was a girl’s voice.

“It’s me, you idiot!” A growl escaped the lips of this animal. Animal! I could feel the breath of it hitting my face, and I slowly moved away from whatever this was. It took one step forward, and I saw a huge paw come forward, then the head of a large dog. Wolf to be exact.

It wasn’t any of Calum’s ‘family’, they wouldn’t be threatening me like this. Would they?

“Oh no, I’m not part of that idiot’s pack.” The voice sounded more clearly to me, and I looked into it’s eyes and they looked so familiar.

“Stay away from her!” Someone’s yelling from above made both our heads to look up into the trees.

“Go away, JJ. She hasn’t done anything to you.” It was Hannah, but she looked different, good different. I felt safe now. Hannah came down and stood right in between JJ and I.

“What’re you going to do about it? You’re weak alone.” JJ snickered. She growled again, and her eyes shrank down to slits.

“I’m never alone.” As soon as she said that Kitai, Luke, Michael, Alyssa, and Ashton appeared. How? No clue, but I’m glad they did. Alyssa walked over to me, and stood at my side, while the others stood side by side next to Hannah.

“How cute, you guys think you can protect her, but she’s still a regular.”

“Back off of her, JJ. You know the rules!” Michael yelled.

Rules? What rules? What’s a regular? Why does she hate me?

“She doesn’t hate you.” Alyssa whispered in my ear. “She know’s things, I’m not allowed to tell. She wants to stop you.”

“Get her out of here, Alyssa.” Ashton said, and before I could protest Alyssa was pulling me away and making me run with her further into the woods.

**

“What was that? What’s a regular? What are the rules? I want answers!”

“I can’t give them to you!! Not yet!”

Yet?

“Can I please just talk to Calum?” Alyssa nodded and walked away.

This is a lot more than I expected would happen today.

“Hey..” Calum’s voice made me snap my head up, and I instantly felt relived to see him. I felt completely safe.

“I’m so confused, Cal.. What was she talking about?” My voice was barely above a whisper, but I felt so small.

“I’ll tell you soon, I promise.” Calum sat across from me, “Are you okay? Did she hurt you?” I couldn’t find the words to speak, so I just shook my head.

Calum stood to his feet, and gently stood me to mine, and before I knew it I was wrapped up in his warm embrace.