Chapter 36

Ara looks around the potions class room,The Ravenclaw's weren't finished while the Hufflepuff's were struggling,Professor Primrose Evans was busy helping a Hufflepuff with his potion. 

Ara looks at Bree who was still having a problem with the snake fangs,As Ara pours her cure into the Crystal vile,She whispers to Bree"Don't cut,Crush them,Use the pestle"

Bree's head perks up as she puts the fangs into pestle"Thanks"

Ara grins and stands up and walks to Severus desk and puts the potion down"I'm done Professor"

Severus hides the grin with a scowl"Five points to Hufflepuff now sit down Mis Black"

Ara turns around and sits back down as she watches Bree measure the crushed snake fangs and then drifts off into a day dream

Severus watches his adoptive daughter sit back down and watch the girl beside her before her eyes glaze over.

Severus looks at the vile she handed him,It was the perfect colour of pink but it didn't surprise him one bit,She has been helping him and learning about potions since she's lived with him,She was a fast learner and very very smart for her age.It deserved an Outstanding.

He looked around,The rest of the students where either just finishing or having great problems,But non of the caldron's have blown up or melted like that idiot child Longbottom,

He noticed Primrose was doing a fairly good job helping the students,Mostly the Hufflepuffs,During the Gryffindore/Slytherin potions she didn't seem to care about anyone except Longbottom and as soon as she turned around well...He destroyed the potion.And she never made eye contact with Harry,She praised Hermione and scowled at Malfoy as she walked by him,Her scowl made Draco flinch,Her scowl made Severus flinch also,It was much scarier then his.

At the end of class when the bell rung as the students finished their potions or failed and Severus gave his homework out,He called out in a loud voice

"Miss Black"

Ara stopped and turned around"Go ahead Bree I'll meet you their"

Bree nodded slowly as she left,Ara walked in and shut the door behind her,Everyone was gone,Even Primrose who had left to take a small break down at the kitchens.

Severus looked at her,The scowl gone from his face

"Are you made at me?"Ara asks in a small voice

Severus looks at her confused"Why would I be made at you Ara?"

"I got re-sorted"

Severus looks at her and says"I'm glad your not in Slytherin,You belong in Hufflepuff then so be it"He stands up"How are your classes?"

"Great!"Ara smiles"This one is the best though"She teases making Severus roll his eyes at her

"Well you are very good at it"He comments"Your potion is perfect,Although I expect no less then outstanding from you,After all you could do that potion when you were ten"

Ara looks at him with amusement in her eyes"Did the scary scowling Professor Snape just compliment me?"

He looks at her and lets a smile make his way to his face"Tell anyone and I'll denigh it"

"Of course"Ara grins and hugs him"I have to go now before I am late for History of magic!"

"Goodbye Ara"He kisses her head and watches her walk out the door