Chapter Seventeen

Quick Note: Alrighty then! Two updates Two days. This seems to be becoming a trend though technically I have updated three times in the last 2-3 days with one update on Promiscuous. But the trend seems to be two updates two days then a week or two off haha. Hopefully that will stop as now we are definitely into the thick of things. So here is the next update chapter 17 and I know this one is good. I am hoping for some screams and giggles! =D Enjoy my lovies! And for those of you that are into the pregnancy/baby storyline I am posting a baby picture of my son when he was 5 months old. I miss my wittle butterball! =D (He is a terror now at 4 years old)

*

I couldn’t move. All motivation to turn the key in my car’s ignition had left me. Three days after the dress fitting with my mom and Stacy was all it took to get a doctor’s appointment and have the pregnancy confirmed.

I was indeed pregnant.

This changed everything. I sat in my car letting all the emotions and scenarios run through my mind. The doctor told me I was still fairly early in the pregnancy, maybe five weeks so I had options. I cringed at the thought of those options. I hadn’t even mentioned anything to the doctor, but I guess the fact I was as white as a ghost gave away my fear.

How was I going to tell Evan?

I still had to get down to the courthouse for today’s testimony. If I didn’t show when Evan thought I was at work right now would worry him. He didn’t need any more stress. This could not have come at a worse time. I have never even thought about having children before. Wasn’t I just telling myself to be more careful a week or so ago. Well, guess that wouldn’t have mattered.

I felt awful for hating the fact my mom and Stacy already knew. Daily phone calls from my mom and texts from Stacy have ensued because of it. I hated they knew before Evan. It wasn’t their fault though.

My head fell against the steering wheel as I tried to calm myself down. I had to get to court. This bomb will have to wait to explode in my face.

Taking in a few deep breaths and exhaling slowly until my hands didn’t shake anymore I started the car to drive though I wasn’t entirely confident in my ability to do so. Regardless, I made it to the courthouse safely.

After going through the security check points, the last person in the world I wanted to see was waiting on the other side.

“Good morning Sonja,” Hollister spoke with a leering smirk.

“Nothing good about this morning,” I replied and kept walking. Hollister had to stand and jog a few steps to keep up with me as my heels clacked against the marble floor of the courthouse halls.

“I need to speak with you after court today.”

“I have to work.”

I stopped in front of the court room doors as I didn’t want to enter while talking.

“Then at work.”

I have never seen Hollister practically beg for someone’s attention. Well this was the closest he has come to begging that I have seen. I wanted to enjoy the moment and drag it out but the damn pregnancy on my mind and court starting soon I didn’t have the time or energy.

“Fine.” I opened the door so he couldn’t say anymore and found a seat behind Evan and his lawyer.

Hollister sat down behind me and I felt him lean over to my ear. “What time?”

“Afternoon, I don’t know, I’ll be busy.” I hissed loud enough for Evan to realize I was there.

He turned and looked at me and I tried to give him a pleasant smile, but I was afraid it probably looked more pained than pleasant. Evan, being attuned to me emotionally knew something was wrong if his brow furrowing was any indication – plus my quiet, jumpy behavior the last three days. No one could say anything though as court was brought to order.