Chapter Three

Quick Note: Hello lovies! So sorry for the lateness in my update. I was busy making my website today and yesterday, I didn't feel like typing it up, I needed a drink and to relax first which I barely got to do anyway. The song for this chapter I have found is 'these arms of mine' by Otis Redding. I love this song and oldies. You can find the link to my new website in the external link, comments and here in the note though its not clickable. Enjoy!

http://algn81.wix.com/amandanichols

*

*

I wasn’t sure how I was going to start this conversation. Eddie has barely spoken to me since I was released from the hospital. This Monday has been dragging by slowly as well. I still haven’t made any decisions on which client accounts I would take either.

Stacy, for once, was at a loss for words when I told her Evan was arrested. I waited until we were done working on the wedding plans we started, having made the excuse for Evan that he was delayed. Technically, he was, but for how long was uncertain.

She couldn’t believe he would do something so violent even though she wasn’t there when they found me. Evan could have killed him with how badly he had beaten him. I wanted to know how this would all work, the evidence, the facts, but I had to wait, one step at a time and it was eating me alive.

Sleep was almost nonexistent. I had to conceal the bags under my eyes with make-up. I didn’t want people questioning why I looked so sick. Stay tried to keep people away so far today at work, but I couldn’t put off speaking to Eddie any longer.

I already had used a lot of my paid time off for my injuries though he hadn’t put that through payroll yet. I wasn’t sure if that was because of his involvement with my stay at the hospital or the rescue. I wrung my hands as I walked through the building to Eddie’s office and knocked quietly.

“Come in,” he called.

I let out a breath and opened the door, stepping inside and closing it behind me. Eddie stared at me surprised behind his massive solid oak desk. He sure liked to give off a commanding vibe.

“Sonja, what brings you to my office, it’s such a rare occasion,” his tone was light, but I could feel the tension and that he was trying to remain detached. I walked over and sat down in the chair across from him at his desk – still ringing my hands out of nervousness.

“Hi Eddie, there’s been a development personally for me over the weekend,” I started quietly. I don’t think he has ever heard me talk to him in such a docile manner.

Eddie looked up at me and his eyes widened slightly at the distressed look on my face.

“What is it Sonja?” He asked his full attention on me now and his voice had softened.

I swallowed trying to keep the tears at bay. “Um, Evan was arrested Friday night for the murder of Jerry,” I blurted out my voice trembling.

I rung my hands together harder. I had to look away from his face. The emotions of shock, surprise, anger, relief and confusion seemed to cross over his features continuously like Christmas lights blinking.

I continued. “He has an arraignment on Wednesday at 9AM and I was wondering if I could have the morning off to go to court?”

“Of course,” his voice was as low as a whisper. “Is he going to be able to make bail?”

“I don’t know yet, since it’s a murder charge we won’t know until Wednesday,” I was finding my voice again.

Eddie nodded processing this information in deep thought. “Are you okay?” he asked and almost flinched as if he knew how painful and stressed out this has been for everyone.