Chapter Eleven

Quick Note: I know you all are going to kill me for taking this long, two weeks to update. I am so so so so sorry! Damn life. Argh. I hope you all like this chapter. The break was needed to get back on track with my story anyway. I hope you enjoy this update and not disappointed. I look forward to your comments and thank you for still being here. =) <3

*

I wrung my hands together as I stood in my office window. The time for my meeting with Hollister was almost here. The pouring rain outside set the mood to be even more ominous than it needed to be.

All day, I have been debating back and forth in my mind on how I would approach his vulgar, but stealthy invasion into Evan and I’s personal lives. I couldn’t decide if I should be angry and prideful or feel violated and humble. Maybe all of them. He was a client – a rich and profound one.

Even Eddie noticed my distress and quiet demeanor throughout the day. Luckily, he hadn’t approached me – yet. Stacy was out for the day so she had no idea what was going on. I hadn’t even told her about the fact Hollister paid Evan’s bail yet. But she knew something was wrong with me this week.

Things just kept piling up on top of the other making it hard to gauge how any of this was set in motion. Why would Hollister randomly interfere? Well it obviously wasn’t random. What more is there to Evan’s past?

Knock, Knock.

I jumped at the sound and turned as my door opened and Eddie poked his head in my office. “May I have a word?”

I could see he wasn’t going to take no for an answer, but there was nothing about his body language and tone that raised a red flag.

“Sure.” I moved away from the window and sat down at my desk as he closed the door behind him and leaned on my guest chair.

“Sonja, are you comfortable working with John?” He asked with a serious expression.

I raised an eyebrow. “Not really, but he is a top client right now, important or you wouldn’t have assigned me to him.”

“I didn’t assign you. He requested you specifically and I am just concerned. You always seem disgruntled when he is here.”

“That’s not news,” I scoffed.

“No, but its gotten worse.”

I didn’t want to talk about this with Eddie. There was too much sitting under the surface between me and all the people in my life. I thought my mind would explode.

“I’m fine Eddie. No one else can do what I do with such a high end assignment either way.”

“If he’s making you uncomfortable, I can talk to Dominique…”

“Like when you tried to force me to kiss you,” I snapped. Eddie frowned but didn’t say anything. “Eddie, drop it. I’ll handle Hollister.” I said and turned to my computer ending the conversation.

“Is there something you’re not telling me?” Eddie didn’t budge.

“I’d prefer not to involve you. I’m handling it.” I really didn’t want Eddie around more than he already had to be.

He stared at me. “I’m sorry about dancing with Suzanne to piss you off the other night.”

I looked up at him, surprised by this turn in the subject. “It doesn’t matter.”

“Yes it does because I have come to realize based on various incidents that if you didn’t care for me why would you be so upset about whoever I dated or what I did in my personal time.” He leaned over the chair glaring at me. My mouth fell open and shut again trying to think of a response that wouldn’t make this worse.