chapter 4

I woke up, but everything was just a little bit brighter. I just started walking straight through the empty room, once I walked through far enough I was out in front of a house that looked familiar. It was the same house that Shawn and Alucard reside in; the paint was a deep green color with a stark white trim and a black tiled roof with a vibrant red front door. I could tell something was off; I instantly started running towards the front door and saw that there was no vampire or werewolf once I entered the house. The layout of the house is set up as old Victorian. I quickly went to where I was held and I hoped that I wasn’t too late for anything to happen.

I opened the door to hear my ancestors conjuring up a powerful spell; I didn’t want to interrupt their concentration so I stood until they were done. Even then, no one talked to me or acknowledged that I was even there to begin with. I turned and left, it’s odd that my ancestors live in the same house as Shawn and Alucard. I decided to head up to the library to see what the book that Alucard mentioned had within the pages. It was a short walk when I got there; several young girls all in white or yellow dresses were seen among the rows of books. I looked to see that the door on the third floor was still there and closed. I hurried up to the door and I tried again to open the door, instead of being thrown back down to the first floor I was able to open the door. Inside was small with a golden colored stool and a white book stand with a book that was gold in trim and binding with white font and border with a big picture of an eclipse with a white bird in a gold cage.

The bird and the cage are very similar to the one that’s on my back. The only difference is that there is an eclipse and it is over the cage with the bird. I slowly and carefully opened the book to find that it was completely blank. No words, no pictures, no nothing. I was stumped and paralyzed with shock that this book had nothing on it, this book must either be very powerful for the purpose of the greater good or used for pure evil. I closed it again and reopened it after a few minutes and still nothing. I tried a record spell to see if anyone tampered with it and nothing, the entire record of the book is blank. I only know two spells that could erase a record of something. Infinite flame and the wave of yesteryear.  Both very powerful and both almost fatally dangerous.

“Great, the only spell that could bring the record back will kill me. Again.” I said remembering that I died by the hand of my uncle who has changed the source of our magic.

“There is another way, daughter of the sun.” A soft loving voice said as a young women came into view and I realized that it was the most powerful witch of my parent’s generation.

“Please tell me.” I said sweetly and kindly.

“You must become a daughter of the sun and moon.”

“I thought that was impossible and our coven is never to give ourselves to the dark of the moon.”

“You would be correct child but times have changed my cousin has defied the elders and our very basic principles. Come, we will talk with the elders counsel about this matter.” The witch said as we left the room and went up to the attic of the house to see a circle rug with our symbol in the middle with the bird and cage and eclipse.

“Elders, I’m sorry to interrupt but this daughter needs to speak with you.” The witch said.

“Ah, Lilura welcome. Thank you, Agnes.” The witch in the middle with grey hair and a few smile lines replied.

Agnes soon left without another word.  I stood there just looking at the elders and saw that they are the first five most powerful witches of their generations of the Cliffhaven coven. I was simply amazed by them, they glowed with the power of the sun, but it appeared dimmer than the other witches that I saw in the library. I wonder if that is because of my uncle whose name I don’t even remember now broke the line of our source of power.