chapter 5

I started to panic as I could not see and had hard time breathing. I tried to gather what happened so that I wasn’t caught off guard by seeing Alucard and Shawn. I remembered that I did a forget me spell and Hillary sent me back to the world of the living, once I remembered everything I tried to rack in my brain the spell that could give me light and get me out of wherever I am.

“Hmm, let’s see any spells that I know off the top of my head which will grant me light.” I mumbled to myself as I could barely talk with something grainy flowing into my mouth.

As soon as I said the word light, I could see where I was. Buried about six feet under the ground with no coffin or anything like that. Once a witch dies in our coven, they are to be buried wrapped in a white blanket wearing a sun dress to represent our source of magic. I could already tell that I wasn’t wrapped in a white blanket or wearing a sun dress. I was buried wearing jeans, a red top and a pair of tennis shoes. Now that I can see, I just need to figure a way out from being six feet under.

“Since light appeared when I said the word light that must mean that I can use one word spells that will be just as effective as saying a long complicated spell.” I said putting two and two together. “Explode.”

A sudden explosion sound went off as the dirt covering me was removed and I saw that it was early in the morning. I don’t know how many days have gone by since I’ve been apart of the living but I do know that I can’t stay close to Alucard and Shawn or the new coven. I slowly start to climb back up to the surface with the help of some roots from different plants. Once I’m back on the surface I look around and see that I’m in a cemetery surrounded by trees and bushes. I start to walk back to Cliffhaven and I need to change my clothes, get cleaned up and figure out today’s date. I have a feeling that I need to be at school.

As I was starting to walk into town, I could see that my home was still isolated but no sun was hitting a piece of the property. I started to walk towards the house of vampires and werewolves, I knew that I would probably be attacked but I need to speak with Shawn and Alucard desperately. But I first needed to get them to remember who I am. I heard a low growl coming from behind me and I could already tell that a werewolf is following me, I no longer was afraid of werewolves or vampires after meeting Shawn and Alucard.

I stopped at the gate, I tried to open the gate but couldn’t. I then remembered that I casted a spell to allow no one except for vampires and werewolves. The werewolf behind started to growl more as if he was impatient.

“Give me a minute okay?” I said turning around to him. “Open.”

The doors automatically opened and the werewolf growled louder if that was even possible. I continued on my way to the house and several werewolves started to follow and growl at me. I just rolled my eyes as I walked through the now chipped red front door. Once inside, vampires surrounded me and wouldn’t let me move a single step forward.

“What is a witch like you doing here?” One vampire hissed at me.

“I am here to speak with Alucard and Shawn.” I said simply as I didn’t want to injure any of the vampires or werewolves. It wasn’t their fault that they don’t remember me.

“Ha, we don’t speak or have business with a witch.” Shawn and Alucard said.

“I just request an audience with the both of you.” 

“No, witches are unwelcome here.”

“Funny, this house used to belong to my coven. I have a quick question for the two of you, though.”

“That is?”

“Do you still have a stuffed animal that is a gorilla down in the basement inside a cage big enough to hold a person inside?”