chapter 6

Or so I thought. I could feel everything start to ache, it was hard to move a single muscle and in the meantime I could feel something mix with my blood but I don’t understand what it could be. I am exhausted from the transformation that my body is going through. Everything is out of focus and blurry like I have been crying for hours, I have no idea what has happened to me since I last closed my eyes but I do know that it has something to do with the prophecy. Three people need to die in order for the prophecy to be fulfilled but does it say which three have to die? I don’t know this whole prophecy business is weird and crazy.

“I’ve got it.” I said suddenly sitting up and everything started to tilt and spin.

I know what I can do, if I am able to make two of me and they die during the battle with my family, the prophecy will be fulfilled once I kill my uncle and return our source of magic to the sun. All I know for sure is that I will forever be an eclipse child. I threw back the sheets and got out of bed, my room is mostly covered in darkness.

“Light.” I said clearly to see in the darkness.

I am still able to do magic but it seems weaker. What has happened isn’t good, I still have no idea what that thing is but it definitely made my magic weaker or it could be that I’m just weak from an illness. Anyway I head towards my door and I see one vampire and werewolf guarding my door. They turn to face me and instantly I felt sick. I crumbled to the ground with a hand covering my mouth, they came closer to help me but I could already tell that something is holding them back.

“What is it?” I asked them.

“Um, nothing really.” The vampire said.

“Liar.”

“No, he is telling the truth.” The werewolf said.

“No, both of you are lying to my face. What is so wrong with telling me the truth?”

“Everything, you have no idea what is going on.” The werewolf said.

“If someone told me what is going on, I might be able to help or understand what is wrong.”

“Lilura, Shawn and Alucard both told us to never tell you what is going on.”

“Why am I not surprised?” I said as I started to storm off.

I could feel my head pounding and my body starting to ache again but I need to have answers. Who do they think they are hiding things from me, an all powerful eclipse Cliffhaven coven witch? I’m sure they have their reasons but I need to know what I’m up against. I walked past the library and headed downstairs to the basement to begin the search, which ended in the basement. I walked to a door and saw that it is completely shut and locked, I pulled on the door and found out it was locked.

“Unlock.” I said as I yanked the door open to see Shawn and Alucard talking about some random crap.

“Hi, Lilura this is a pleasure to see you out of bed so quickly.” Alucard said as he stopped talking with Shawn and turned to see me. “What can I or Shawn help you with?”

“I want to know why I have a vampire and a werewolf outside my door and what happened when I last closed my eyes?” I said trying to focus on Alucard and not give in to the blackness that is trying to take me.

“Lilura, you don’t look so good.” Shawn pointed out.

“No, crap Shawn!” I shouted.

“Calm down, you have two guards for protection and if you needed anything while you are still recovering from your wound.” Alucard said simply. “In twenty four hours you will be better and everything will start to go away.”

“What did you do?” I said looking both at Shawn and Alucard.

“To heal you, you need to have two special things. One is vampire blood to heal the wound and werewolf bite to kill off the poison. It was the only way to save your life. We both hoped that you would stay asleep in your room until tomorrow so that no unwanted mistakes happened.”

“So what does that make me?”

“A weak witch, but still a witch nonetheless.” Shawn pointed out.

“Wait I thought that a werewolf bite and vampire’s blood would turn me into one of your species.” I pointed out as I feel my head spin worse and my vision started to fade from color to black and white.

“We don’t have that kind of power at least on a special witch like you. Lilura please rest until at least tomorrow.” Shawn whimpered.

“Is it really that big of deal that I’m out of bed?” I asked as I could feel myself falling onto the dirt covered ground.

“Easy there.” Someone told me as I was carried back up to my room.

I’m only able to open my eyes, I try to get up but I could feel someone gently but forcefully push me back down onto the sheets. I could feel myself starting to doze off.

“What is going on here?” I asked weakly trying to keep my eyes open.

“We’ll let you know later on when you have rested more, Alucard and Shawn’s orders.” Someone on my right said as they pulled the covers over me.

“I expect them to hold to their word.” I said as I finally gave into my dreamless sleep.

Once I woke up the next morning I felt so much better, I could move freely and not worry about vertigo or black spots appearing in my vision. I quickly got dressed and started towards my door; I barely open it up a crack and still see two guards outside. The vampire looks like he is sleeping and the werewolf is nodding off but staying awake. I opened the door silently and I softly whispered the words awake in the werewolf’s ear. I could see he jolted wide awake.

“Thank you, Lilura.” The werewolf guard said.

“You’re welcome. You looked like you could use a pick me up.” I said stretching my arms. “Did you guys get any sleep?”

“No not really, except for David over there.” The werewolf said pointing to the sleeping vampire.

“Watch this.” I said as I whispered that Alucard is coming up here.

The werewolf and I got a kick for laughs at seeing David spring back to life. He looked at both of us and started to laugh with us. I excused myself as I headed towards the library and of course David and the werewolf followed me there but didn’t enter. I stood in the center of the entire room and I could faintly see my family and elders walking looking at the books. A smile crept on my face, seeing that the elders were fine and my family I was washed with relief.

I hurried up to the third floor and to reread the book, I’m hoping that I’ll be able to better understand what the prophecy actually means.