chapter 12

I decided to wait until Alucard and Shawn left, Todd and Lucian help me down the stairs to sit on the porch to see the boys off. I feel like a mother waving good bye to her kids as they get on the school bus; I feel helpless here, there is nothing that I should be doing but I know that I must die to fulfill the prophecy and protect Alucard, Shawn and the others. Even though I’m not happy about it at all, it’s better than seeing my world fall apart at the seams.

“Todd, Lucian can you help me up?” I asked as I was still very weak and fragile.

“Sure thing, Lilura.” Todd said as he gently and carefully picked me up.

“Thank you, I would like to try and walk to the kitchen.”

Once I was up and standing on my feet, I could feel my knees start to buckle and Todd and Lucian came towards me to come pick me up. I quickly tried to recover and was successful, I’m glad that I can at least stand on my own. Now we’ll just need to see if I can walk on my own. I picked up my foot and gently set it down on the leave infested porch, my first step was rather wobbly but once I started walking I could feel myself become more confident and soon I was able to walk with steady feet.

“Here let me get the door for you.” Lucian said as he opened the door for me.

“Thank you.” I said as I went inside and headed towards the kitchen.

I have a plan to get rid of my guards so that I could go to the battlefield. I pulled one mug down from the cupboard and looked to see Todd and Lucian sit down at the small light wood island.

“Would you guys like something to drink?” I asked hoping to get them both to take me up on my offer.

“Yes that would be great.” Lucian said happily.

“And what about you, Todd?”

“No thank you.” Todd said I pulled down another mug.

“Dude, c’mon Lilura isn’t going to pull anything. She can’t use magic in her weakened state.” Lucian said not knowing that ever since I was able to take my first steady step that my magic came rushing back at me quickly. I wasn’t going to correct him this time.

“Fine, but if I sense any kind of magic I’m locking her back down in the basement.” Todd said as he gave in but not without a serious warning to me.

It won’t really matter in the end since I won’t be coming back. I’ll have to try and figure out a way to make both of them fall asleep so that I can leave without worrying about getting caught by the two of them. Alucard and Shawn are going to kill me if they find out that I’m going to the battlefield, the irony is rather funny if I think about it.

“Would you both like to try my family recipe relaxing tea?” I asked knowing that my family made this recipe especially for super beings to put them asleep.

“That sounds perfect.” Lucian said.

“Great, I’ll get the tea bags then.” I said walking over to the pantry and grabbing two bins, checking for which bin and smelling the tea bags. The tea bags that carry the sleep tea smells like lavender with a hint of chamomile.

I replaced the tea bins and grabbed a rejuvenating tea to restore myself, I came back out and grabbed the three mugs. I walked over to the water heater that sits in a corner on the counter, I poured hot water into the three mugs making sure that I don’t mix up the tea bags. Once all three mugs were full of hot water and each had a tea bag, I put the two mugs containing the sleep tea to the boys. I blew into my tea to cool it down then took a sip, the boys were a little cautious about trying my family’s sleep tea which makes sense since we’ve been enemies with them for several thousand years.