chapter 3

“Last time I checked this is your house, not school.” Alucard interjected.

“So you’re saying that I can’t see my family, who haven’t seen me for almost an entire week? How does that make any sense to you?” I said heatedly.

“Alucard, we should probably get moving before Lilura’s family comes in.” Shawn said cautiously and with good reason.

“No, I will not leave until Lilura comes with us.” Alucard said stubbornly.

I went to get up from the loveseat to go and get a glass of water, but as soon as I took a few steps from the couch my legs were threatening to give way. I tried to shake the feeling off, it had the opposite effect, I could barely walk at this rate once again I tried to walk but I just fell in my place. I tried to get up but nothing would work, instantly I knew what happened. Someone in the house put up a stalling spell and it is more powerful than it normally is and I knew that Alucard and Shawn are doomed if my family catches them here with me all alone.

“Alucard and Shawn, both of you need to leave right now.” I said evenly, trying to not freak the two of them out.

“Lilura, what’s wrong? Why is your heart beating erratically?” Alucard asked as he tried to take a step closer to me.

“Don’t! I want you and Shawn out of my house right now.” 

“Alucard, maybe we should listen to her.” Shawn said as he pulled Alucard towards the door.

“Not until she tells me what the hell is going on.” Alucard said getting frustrated.

I tried to think of a good way to explain what is going on, but my mind started to become numb. My family must have just put up a suppressing spell; I could barely focus and think. I need to get Alucard and Shawn out before my family tortured them.

“Flapping, flapping, my wings will take me anywhere. I will fly away far and wide to the protection of my own kind.” I started to say but I could feel myself start to loose momentum to finish the spell of flight.

“What are you doing?” Both Alucard and Shawn asked in unison.

“Two will flap as one, until I am with the sun no harm will come to Alucard or Dracula and Shawn and both of their groups from the witch’s coven of Cliffhaven.” I finished as the last part of my magic spell took form.

I could hear clapping coming from the doorway into the room. I turned around to see my coven come pouring into the room; I saw Shawn and Alucard stand in place too scared to take a step forward. I tried to get up but instantly I fell down again, I’m weak from two spells casted on me and I casted the spell of flight. Two of my cousins came over to pick me up and drag me over to the loveseat, I lay down on the furniture and I could barely keep my eyes open at this time. Shawn and Alucard tried to take a step forward and they fell into the stalling spell.

“Why can’t we move any further?” Shawn asked.

“Shawn, stop it’s pointless we have fallen into the stalling spell. We are trapped here until the coven decides to release us and I highly doubt that. Lilura this is what you were trying to tell us earlier, isn’t it?” Alucard said as he instantly understood what will happen.

“Yes, as soon as I was trapped I want to get the two of you out of here before you became trapped.” I said tiredly. “What will you do to them?”

“We will torture them and eventually kill them in the most painful and brutal way our coven will allow.” My uncle said in a deep Czech accent.

“Our coven is unable to kill a thing by any of us. Magic or not, I checked in our records and we have tried many times but we are always the ones that get hurt not our victims.” I said trying to sit up to see my uncle but I could feel how tired it made me feel.

 “Yes that was true until a few hours ago, our coven now draws its power from the moon and darkness now and not this silly sun crap.” My uncle said joyfully.

“You can’t change where we draw our power from unless,” I couldn’t even come to speaking the possibility.

“That’s right, Lilura grandmother is gone. Correct me if I’m wrong, you are the only one here that still draws power from the sun yes?”

I couldn’t even give a reply; we all knew the answer here was. I could not draw power from the moon, all my spells that I’ve casted while drawing power from the sun will become invalid and break. This means that Alucard and Shawn and the rest of the vampires and werewolves from their groups would be in danger of my coven.

“I enact the spell of flight, under my voice I am the only one who will have the power and authority to dissolve the spell of flight no matter where I draw my power from.” I said with as much power as I could muster.

Nothing happened and my coven started to laugh like this was some kind of joke. I knew differently, it came into affect when I got the shivers down my back. Then everyone started to feel the shivers and they knew that the terms and conditions of the spell have changed. My uncle roared with anger and ran to me. Grabbing my neck and threw me against the hard wood floor, I could feel my life start to ebb away.

“You will take it back.” My uncle said fuming with anger since he would not be able to harm the vampire or werewolves of this town.

“I will not.” I said defiantly. “You’re just going to have to kill me for it.”

“Lilura what are you doing?” Shawn asked as my uncle started to squeeze harder on my neck.

“I send you and Alucard away with the gift of flight, don’t look back you will forget about me and what has happened about me.” I said as tears filled my vision and I knew that the spell became stronger with my emotions.

I felt a draft of ice cold air blow into the room, and see that Shawn and Alucard started to get this dazed look in their eyes. It won’t be long now, when they will not remember me at all. I saw them leave the room but not before I heard two distinct voices cry, “NO!” while my uncle’s grip squeezed tighter and then I heard this terrible crunching noise as I could no longer see or breathe. I knew that I died by the hand of my family.