15.

"This is it. 34 Maverick Drive. Let's go."

Toni stood behind Kenny as he knocked on the door. They both waited as they looked around. "I don't think anyone is here." Toni mumbled.

The doorknob twisted as Kenny held his breath.

"Kenny? Kenny Edmonds is that you? OMG you haven't changed a bit. You're still the same cute little chocolate bar that you were in-" Opal trailed on as Toni stepped from behind Kenny.

Opal's eyes lit up with embarrassment and fear. She didn't know what to say or how to behave.

"Come in you two." Kenny turned to Toni and grabbed her hand before walking into the house.

"So what brings you by?" Opal was looking at Kenny as she spoke. Kenny looked off avoiding eye contact with her.

"Just wanted to catch up, it's been so long since we've talked." Toni spoke with so much sympathy, but in all honesty she didn't remember Opal at all.

"You wanted to catch up with me? Toni you never talked to me in high school, you were too popular. You treated me like shit and I only wanted to be your friend."

Toni was confused as hell. She had no clue who this person was. If it wasn't for the swim team photo she wouldn't had known this person existed.

"But that's okay. Now how have your life been going?"

"Well our daughter, Keisha was kidnapped a couple of months ago and we just-"

"Oh my really? I'm so sorry to hear that! I don't watch much tv I had no clue at all." Opal exclaimed as she cut Kenny off.

The rest of the convo was a blur. Opal gave Kenny all her attention paying no mind to Toni.

Toni slammed the pot into the dishwater, sloshing some of it on Kenny.

"Damn baby! This a new shirt plus this water has Clorox in it." Kenny said staring down at his semi soaked shirt.

"That hoe knows who took my child. I can tell it's just something about her that doesn't sit right." Kenny pulled Toni into a hug. "Well I'll call Detective Hugh in the morning and tell him."
______________

"Did you call Detective Hugh?" Kenny nodded his head as Toni headed into the kitchen.

"He's on his way over here. He said he had something important to tell us." The doorbell rung and Kenny got the door. Detective Hugh came in with folders and boxes. "What's all of this?"

"This is some of the evidence of your daughters case. Also, I looked into the Opal Showers lady and that's why I came over. She was found decapitated early this morning."

"You got to be fucking kidding me. So do you think it's linked to Keisha?"

"Yes we do.

Kenny got up and went upstairs. Toni and Detective Hugh could hear him throwing things and moving quickly.

"I think I should be leaving now. Take it easy, I'm going to figure everything out."

Toni walked upstairs after locking the front door behind Detective Hugh. She walked in to see Kenny packing suitcases.

"Kenny, what are you doing? Where are you going?"

"We are going the hell away from here. This mess is getting out of hand. We can't take the risk anymore."

"What about Keisha?" Kenny hesitated before zipping up a suitcase. "We just have to put our trust and faith into the justice system. Plus we need a little break. Hawaii is perfect this year."

Toni looked down and walked off.

"Toni! Toni! Just think it over!" Kenny yelled after her. "I have and we're going, I got to pack my baby's bag." 

Kenny pecked Toni's cheek as they continued to pack their luggage.