7.

The night that Kenny stopped Keisha was the scariest night of his life. That night put a heavy emotional toll on Kenny's and Toni's marriage.

"Is the session over?"

Kenny looked up at a worried Mrs. Braxton. "Ugh no. I just had to step out and get some fresh air."

"You are always running away. Real men don't do that at all. They stay and fight for their family." Kenny couldn't believe what he had just heard. He had always tried to be respectful but that was the last straw.

"Maybe I could if you and your husband wasn't always in our business. I don't understand why you care so much now. You didn't care when we were young, why care when we are older and can take care of ourselves."

"Excuse me? I'm doing you a favor. I'm trying to help my granddaughter. I will not let you beat her and her mother."

"That's bullshit and you know it! I would never raise a hand to Toni and I'm disciplining my child how I was taught to. You're just trying to make yourself feel better about what you did to Toni!"

At that moment Toni, Keisha and Mrs. Green emerged from the back room. All three had heard most of the argument.

"I'll see you next week Kenny!" Mrs. Green yelled behind him as he left the building.

"Come on sunshine, let's go home." Toni watched as her daughter left without saying one word to her.

_______________
Kenny sat in the drivers seat of the brand new Audi he and Toni had purchased for Keisha. She already knew about it since it was in the garage but it would officially be hers on her birthday.

Toni got in the passenger seat and reclined it back. Kenny did the same intertwining their hands and letting the sunroof open.

"I've decided I'm taking the car back." Toni softly said breaking the silence.

"Okay. I agree with your decision. She's showed her ass one too many times. She is really going to flip her shit. I can't wait, this is going to be so funny!" Toni side eyed Kenny who was smiling from ear to ear.

Toni already knew how things would go and was dreading the next day.
__________________

"This has to have been the dumbest idea ever." Kenny grumbled as he and Toni walked to the recreational center building. "Baby just calm down." Toni replied pecking Kenny's lips.

Last night, out of the blue Keisha texted Toni and said the party would be moved to a different location. The party was suppose to be held on the huge property at the house. Now it was in this crammed building and half of the people couldn't come.

"This is nowhere near what I expected." Roxy smiled at Keisha. "Me neither. Why did you change the location anyway?" Keisha sighed, "Well my grandma thought-" Keisha stopped talking as she saw her parents enter the building.

"This is nice. At least the dj was able to make it!" Kenny yelled over the loud music. "Mom, dad thanks for coming." Keisha came over and church hugged her parents.

"Ain't this some shit." Kenny mumbled and Toni elbowed him. "You look beautiful honey. Are you excited about turning the big 16?"

"Somewhat, it's bittersweet." Kenny rolled his eyes as he listened to Keisha. "It doesn't have to be. Come home and stop confusing yourself."

"I'm so glad you two could make it!" Mrs. Braxton said forcing a smile on her face.

"Why in the hell wouldn't we show up to OUR daughter's birthday party? I'm so sick of you and your shit." Kenny walked away pissed at Toni's mother. He didn't hate her but he strongly disliked her, always has.

Keisha stood near the punch bowl table watching her parents every move. She could see the hurt in their eyes but she had a point to prove, whatever that was. Her idea of being heard was being ruined by the person she ran to.

She wanted to see her parents hurt but she noticed they weren't. They were laughing, dancing, flirting with each other, basically being their normal selves.

"Time to open gifts! I was told that everyone should make their way out the door!" DJ Drummer yelled through his microphone.

Kenny's and Toni's eyes grew wide as they noticed the whole building was almost empty.

"I told him to forget that announcement. His ass definitely ain't getting paid now!" Toni ran to the door as Kenny followed her.

Everyone stood outside looking around. There was nothing there. Keisha ran away crying as Austin ran behind her.