*15* - Halloween

"You're lucky you've grown on me, Taylor," Natasha grumbles from behind the bathroom door

I'm waiting on her to get ready. The rest of the gang is already at the Halloween party, well, save maybe Tony himself.

Meanwhile, I'm already dressed and ready, Elsa braid swishing down my back. The dress is pretty, straight out of the movie. I feel even more like her with my powers. It's the one time where the idea of being a princess is really real for me. It's a weird feeling.

Natasha steps out of the bathroom a few minutes later, and she looks like she wants to kill me—or rather someone else. I offer her a smile in the hopes she doesn't take her anger out on me.

"If you don't want me to call you Anna, I won't," I assure her. Like mine, Natasha's costume is straight out of the movie. Her hair is twisted into two braids, and she even added the detail of the blonde stripe in one of the braids.

"If anyone does, they'll get punched."

"Cheer up." I shake her lightly by the shoulder. "It's one night. You can go back to being badass Black Widow tomorrow."

"I'll give Tony credit for one thing: you're a badass Elsa."

Together, the two of us make our way out of the room towards the elevator. We pass Genevieve's room along the way, to which the door opens. Natasha and I stop abruptly at Bucky Barnes escorting Gen out by her arm. Both are dressed up. Bucky seems to go with a vintage army dude look. Gen's isn't hitting me right off the bat, because Bucky is half blocking her.

"Um, what the hell are you doing?" Natasha barks at him.

"Stark wanted her out of her cage," says Bucky, shrugging.

"Don't worry, I won't have too much fun," Gen says sourly. "If I screw up, I get taken down." I notice the costume she's wearing—it's a traditional black cat. Okay, that's a bit of a lie, considering I can see her midriff.

"And you agreed to this?" Natasha asks Bucky.

"Well, it's not the best idea—"

"You think?"

"She's been on good behavior lately. She earned this."

Gen looks too smug about that too, which makes Natasha frown a bit. I can't help but feel a little wary about this also. Letting Gen out is dangerous. She has control of her powers. Unless Tony and Bruce cooked up something to subdue them. I'm hoping that's the case and that the "science bros" haven't lost their damn minds.

We walk tensely with Bucky and Gen to the elevator. When the doors open to the other floor, the party is already in full swing. Loud, thundering music is playing; I can feel the bass through my bones. Strobe lights are going, and I almost think we've ended up at a club rather than another level of the Tower.