Slipping away

I never found Dojo that night me and Jay went looking. But I found hoof prints, and I planned on following them.

Molley was still acting like a brat. And I was in no mood to put up with it. At the dinner table was the most awkward part of the day. I felt her eyes staring a hole through me. I wanted to say something everytime but I couldnt, its like I didnt even know what words were. My dad never ate with us anymore. And soon Mollie was never around.

It felt like everything was sliping away. I couldnt understand it. My life was spinning and I felt empty inside.

Jay came by for awile, we hung out in the barn talking and trying to find a way to get to Dojo. My dad was always working now. It's like he never had time for me. Did he even try?

___________________________________________________________________

It's been nearly a month since I heard the neigh. But I know that he's out there. And yet it feels like he's just slipping away, everyday it just gets harder and harder to keep believing that we're gonna find him.

Beep,beep.

It was a text from Jay.

"Hey, meet me after school."

I'm not sure what he wanted but I knew it was probably something that happened this morning with his father. He doesn't like me, he thinks I'm "unstable" and "irresponsible" I mean for gods sake "Who looses a horse" he said. "How could you put your family through all that?" He said.

And the said thing is.. He's right.

I was Dojos everything. I mean, I raised him as a baby. I was all he ever had that even came close to a mother. And I let him down. I lost him and then gave up on him. I let depression take over and now I have to go to therapy every Tuesday and Thursday. I have to take pills everyday. Visit a physiologist. I'm pretty sure my family has lost all hope in me.

----------------------------------

I slowly got out of bed and slipped my feet into my house shoes. We had hard wood floors and they were freezing in the mornings, defiantly cold enough to wake you up if you walk barefoot. I walked into my bathroom and started brushing out my already board straight hair. I splashed some cold water on my face and looked into the mirror. I had bags under my eyes and cuts on my skin from my 2 in the morning trips to find dojo.

"Nothing a little makeup can't fix." I told my self as I dried off my face.

I threw on some black skinny jeans and a low v-neck that was a shade of light pink. I had a pair of white sparkly Toms to go with the out fit and a neckless in the shape of a horseshoe. It was my mothers.

I pushed the thought of my mother away and quickly shoved my books into my bag, and ran downstairs. Dad was already gone and Mollie was still upstairs, blasting her music. I looked around and spotted a note on the counter, it read;

"Callie, Mollie. I'm going on a business trip. Be back in a couple of days. I'll have Heather (our neighbor) check on y'all every now and again. Love you, dad."

Great. Dads gone, Mollie's a pain in the butt, the house needs to be cleaned, the laundry in over flowing, and on top of all that Dojos still missing.

At that moment, it hit me. Dojos still missing. I felt a pang in my heart and I just stood there in the middle of the kitchen with my hands on my heart, tears streaming down my face.

I didn't even hear Mollie come in behind me.

"Shit. Are you kidding me? He's leaving me here with the psychopath! Thanks dad."

I quickly wiped the tears away before she could see them and walked out of the kitchen. She grabbed a granola bar from the pantry and started laughing, she followed me into the living room.

"What? Did I hurt your feelings?"

I didn't respond, just started tiding the living room up.

"Ooo the silent treatment. I love the silent treatment. No, actually I love not hearing your voice."

I swung around to look at her.

"You know what Mollie... Whoa.."

She was wearing all black. Black makeup, black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and black combat boots. She had died her hair black and put a couple blue strips in her hair.

"Yes?" She said looking extremely pleased with the reaction she got out of me.

"Go to hell."