Intruder.

Mollie is only 12 years old and she is already acting like she's sixteen. I do not understand where this whole "new Mollie" came from but I hope it's just a phase.

School was just like every other day, slow and boring. But this time instead of thinking about Dojo, I had a different distraction. What I had said to her this morning was very out of line. And just thinking about the hurt look on her face after I said it made me cringe.

"She deserved it" I cringed again as the thought passed through my mind.

"No she didn't" I whispered. The boy next to me looked over at me, with a blank look on his face. I just gave a quick smile and looked down at my hands that laid on the desk.

I wasn't sure what to think, I was beginning to loose hope. In finding Dojo, my sister, and myself. A lump in my throat began to rise thinking about Dojo. It had been so long since I'd seen him, I had already forgotten how many months now. Could he even still be alive?

I shook my head. "No" I thought. "Do not do this to yourself. He's a horse for Gods sake. He was born to be in the wild. He is alive."

I hadn't even realized that I had been making hand gestures while I was thinking. And the boy next to me chuckled a bit before scooted his chair over a bit towards me. He leaned in and said,

"Are you okay?" He nodded towards my hands.

I laughed a little and surprisingly it didn't come out as shaky as I thought it would.

"Yes" I said. Still smiling, "Can't a girl talk to herself every once in awhile?"

He smiled a warm smile, "I guess that depends, are you crazy?"

"A little" I returned right before the bell rung.

"Well then yes." He winked and stood up. I stood up after him and followed him out the door.

8th period was finally over and it was time to go home, and deal with Mollie. Joy.

30 minutes later I arrived in front of our house and walked up the steps to the front porch. As I went to reach for the the door I realized that the door was already cracked, I gently pushed on the door, it swung open silently sending a chill down my spine.

Mollie wasn't on the bus which meant she was probably spending the night at a friends. But also meant I was all alone, well, at least I hoped. The hairs on my arms and neck were standing straight up and I wasn't mentally prepared for what was possibly going to happen. I took a silent step into the house.

Thump.

I froze. Someone was upstairs. I tried to command my hands to stop shaking but they didn't listen. Instinct told me to grab something heavy. So I looked around, I settled on a lamp, at least they worked in the movies.

Thump. Thump.

My heart skipped a beat. And sweat started to build on my palms and forehead. Adrenaline had started pumping and my next move was fight or flight.

I was about to set the lamp down when I heard footsteps moving towards the stairs. I chose flight. I turned and ran out the door. Throwing the lamp and my book bag on the lawn and raced towards the trees.