My Horse Dojo

Dear Diary,

my name is Callie Piper and I'm 15 years old. I'm moving from Texas to Montana because my dad got a job offer at this ranch called Broken Trail Ranch. Dojo, my horse, is in the trailer behind the truck. He's getting impatient and pawing at the floor, which obviously isn't good. I can't wait to be in Montana, only 14 hours and 53 minutes to go exact, then we will be at our new home!

~Callie~

I put my worn leather diary away in my bag and laid my head on the door, slowly drifting off to sleep. I woke up 3 hours later, startled, by my dad slamming the truck door. I got out and followed him to the side of the truck and saw that we had a flat tire. "Get Dojo out of the trailer before he paws a hole in my trailer floor!" My dad called as I made my way up to the driver door and got his phone off the dash, waking up my sister Mollie. "What's going on?" She asked sleepily. "Nothing Mollie, go back to bed." She nodded in my direction and drifted peacefully back to sleep.

I walked to the back of the trailer to get Dojo out so he could stretch his legs. Dojo was my barrel horse, a blue roan paint who has a major personality. He has to get his way or you don't get yours, and he does this to everyone except me. Dojo and I have a bond, a bond were he would do anything and everything for me and I'd do the same. I've had Dojo since he was a colt, and he got his name because at the time I was taking Jujitsu and dreamed of becoming a jujitsu master. (I later gave up on that dream.)

The tow truck came 30 minutes later and helped pull the truck with my dad to a store while Mollie and I stayed with Dojo and the trailer. It felt like ages until they got back because i had left my phone in the truck. Eventually, I heard the old rumbling of our truck. I loaded Dojo back into the trailer and let dad hitch the trailer back to the truck. When we finally got back into the vehicle, I pulled my computer out of my bag and got on Facebook, using our portable Wi-Fi, of course. About 10 minutes later I crashed again. I slept for like 4 hours, but when I woke up I was starving, thankfully I had packed some poptarts and split one with Mollie. Mollie was 11, and she wasn't a big horse person but she did love dogs and she always carried her stuffed pup everywhere. she hated it when I said it was a toy. She would usually say something like, "His name is Scooter, gosh do you not have a brain?" and I would say "His name is Pooter, Gooossshhh, do you even have a brain?" After that, she would scream and turn away from me and not talk to me until she got bored.

After 7 more painful hours of being cooped up in the truck, we finally got to our new house. I jumped out of the truck and grabbed the house keys from dad, rushing to unlock the house and find the nearest bathroom. "I HAVE TO PEE!" I ran screaming throughout the house. I guess I should have paid more attention to my surroundings because I ran straight into a wall, and I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have been there. I hoisted myself up off the floor and searched for the bathroom. after I found it,

I walked back out side and got Dojo out of the trailer and followed dad around back and into the barn. It was nice and had 8 stalls; four on each side. I looked around for the biggest and spotted it, it was the third one on the right, it looked nice and comfy. After Dojo was all bedded down, I loaded all his tack into the tack room, and then I went inside to help unpack my things.

*

The next morning, I got up and got dressed and went outside to see Dojo. When I went to greet him, I noticed he was in a corner rolling on his back. I carefully unlatched the door and slowly walked in. By that time, he had stopped rolling and was just laying on his side. Making him aware of my presence, I walked up to him and sat beside him, leaning my back on his side. He didn't mind, as we did this all the time. We both fell asleep on each other. I later woke up to dad laughing extremely hard, and he spooked Dojo because all of a sudden Dojo shot up in the air. I jumped up to my feet and before I could get out of the way, he was already standing. Thankfully that wasn't the first time Dojo had done that. I started laughing and soon dad and I were both in fits of laughter. After doubling over in pain from laughing so hard, I caught my breath and went to the house. Searching for some carrots for Dojo, i grabbed them and my diary and headed back out to the barn. Carrots, apples and peppermints were some of Dojos favorite treats. I fed him his treats and then sat down on the bench beside his stall and wrote a new diary entry.

Dear Diary,

Montana has been fun so far. In 2 hours, we will be geting to go to Broken Trail Ranch and that'll put us there around 11. Dad says i'll get to bring Dojo along too, and I bet he'll like the new environment and meeting new horses.

~Callie~

*

We got to Broken Trail Ranch at around 10:50, I unloaded Dojo and my dad showed me where to put him . I put Dojo in his stall, then I looked around. this place was big, very big. I ran into a guy on the way out of the barn and he introduced himself as Jay Parson and that his dad owned the place, He was cute and very sweet. He showed me around and introduced me to his horse Bullet, a chestnut and white paint. I wondered where he got his name, maybe he was really fast? Jay said he had to go help his dad unload some hay and took off out of the barn. I went the opposite direction from where Jay headed and I rounded the corner of the barn. All at once, I bumped in to this girl and she spilled her juice all over me.

"Watch where you're walking!" She screamed, but then she looked at my shirt and busted into a fit of laughter. She smirked at me and turned the other direction. After that incident, I sat in the truck while my dad finished his tour.

I sat by myself for what seemed like ages. Eventually dad came to the truck and we loaded Dojo up. I decided this would be a good time for a new diary entry since we had 2 hours back to the house.

Dear Diary,

I made a new enemy today. My dad told me her name was Kaylin Mercer, a Pro-Barrel Racer. They say she is best of the best and is super popular. I bet every guy loves her, and I'm sure Jay is probably crushing.

~Callie.