A Birthday?

2:00p.m.

I've walked around my room all day, tripped over a few tissue boxes, slipped on some photo albums. Its been a long boring day, nothing to do except weep over the fact my horse has been gone for three weeks.

"Cassie, its time to eat" My dad called to me from the bottom of the steps, that twisted all the way up to the second floor.

"Coming" I whispered, knowing all to well he didn't here me.

I walked down the winding stair case, trying to remember how I never noticed how curved the are. I focused on every little detail on them, the color, the texture on my toes, the coldness of the rail, even the smell of corn and beans drifting up the walk way to my nose. I started to cry, but realizing there weren’t any tears, I stopped. 

When I walked into the kitchen, a birthday cake was sitting on the table. 

"Dad" I slowly whispered, " what’s going on?" 

Dad walked in from behind the door,

"Shhhhhh" He hissed, and pulled her by her arm to the pantry.

At that time her sister Mollie, came in through the door. Oh my gosh!!!!! I completely forgot!!! Today is Mollie's Birthday!!!!!!! My dad jumped out of the pantry, and I followed singing "Happy Birthday." 

8:00p.m.

I got ready for bed, took a shower, brushed my teeth, and washed my face. 

8:47p.m.

"Dad, tangle alert" I told him as I climbed up onto the bed to let him comb the tangles out of my hair.