Chapter 5

I survived my first day! Now, I had to survive hockey tryouts.

I had to make the team. I had to. These guys would have no idea what hit them.

I almost ran to the girls locker room and ran to locker I was assigned earlier today, locker B50. I popped it  open and started getting dressed. Some girls gave me looks because I didn't have a cheerleading uniform on, but I ignored them. I got this back home too but after they saw how good I was, it stopped. I pulled my hair into a bun and slipped my helemet on. I walked over to where the boy locker room door was. I didn't know whether to go in and walk out with them or pretend I was in there already. After running both scenarios through my head, I ran into the smelly locker room and went in the first row of lockers. I opened a empty locker and slammed it shut again. I wobbled out of the locker room and stepped onto the ice.

I skated around until I saw the captains walk out of the locker room. I skated over to the ice entrance.

"Who are you?" they both immediately.

"What does it matter to you?" I asked making my voice lower.

"We want to know who beats the captains out of the locker room," they paused, "cause it rarely ever happens, but never on the first day of tryouts."

"My name's Michael," I say since it's close to Michalyn.

"My name's Jaden," the 6'2"  brunette with the definition of hockey hair said.

"I'm Kris, and I've been playing since I was seven," the slightly shorter one said. Kris stood 6' and had short, dirty blonde hair that was spiked in the front. "Since you are out here before anyone else, let's see you skate with the puck."

I skated over to the bench and grabbed a puck. I skated to one end of the rink and waited for a go signal. Instead, I saw Jaden and Kris next to me with a puck each. They grinned at me and Jaden blew the whistle. We all skated hard and I stayed in-line with them the whole way there. As soon we turned around, I noticed they were both picking up speed. I kept up with the two until the last 15 yards. Then, I passed them.

Picture of Kris (Alexander Ludwig) on the side or above!