Chapter 27: Confrontation

It was evening now and I was in my room. Chloe was out with some friends for dinner to celebrate her friends admission to a posh university uptown. I don't know about most people, but my idea of celebration was going out for pizza or to a theme park or the cinema, but a dinner at some posh restaurant was no fun. Frankly, it was just weird and uncomfortable. You had to sit up on chairs, and eat all uncomfortably with forks and knives in front of everyone making awkward small talk. Knowing now how different me and Chloe really were, I couldn't believe I'd once dated her.

I'd already taken Chloe's phone in the morning, when her friend broke the news about her university to her, Chloe had screamed and leaped in to hug her giving me the perfect chance and it was surprisingly easy, and she'd spent all day dragging me around school desperate trying to find it- she seemed a bit too desperate, if you ask me so I hadn't gotten a chance to look through myself.

And with that I grabbed the phone out of my pocket, I turned the phone on only to see it was locked with a password. Of course it would be locked! I was such an idiot for not thinking this through more, why would she not keep it locked if she was hiding something? I cursed myself throwing the phone on to her bed in anger and then kicking my bed in frustration before falling onto the bed with a loud sigh.

I stayed still on the bed for ages, my head thoughtless and so much anger and grief in my head. Holding her hand, being all romantic with her in front of Bella, it was for the phone! I probably hurt Bella really badly for this and now it's all gonna be for nothing. I sighed to myself, cursing Chloe in my head.

But all of sudden, it occurred to me. She was out, gone, this was my chance to raid the place and her things. I had to find something.

I started off with Chloe's closet rummaging through everything from cloth pockets and any small boxes or trinkets but nothing. I went over to her bed, looked under, under the covers, her pillow case- everywhere. I thought she wouldn't be stupid enough to leave it here in the room while she was away- unguarded.

I realised, that if anything, she would keep her secrets in her other room, her old room. She knew I'd never go their because Bella was staying there. But she doesn't know what lengths I'd go to to get rid of her and to keep Bella safe and she hardly knew what I was capable of.

I walked out of the room, marching to her old room as if I was marching to war. Determination struck my face and I was adamant on finding something, anything- this was my one and possibly only chance. Chloe rarely ever left so unguarded and this was pretty much a one off. I climbed up the stairs across the hall in the girls lounge finding the room and once I reached it, my hand instantly reached to knock on the door but stopped there. I had frozen.

This was the first time I was seeing Bella after the incident in school. My body was prepared to face her but my mind sure as hell wasn't. I took a deep breath getting to grips with what I was about to do and started thinking about what I was going to say but I didn't know, before I made myself panic and return, I quickly just forced myself to knock without giving it a second thought, because I knew that if I did I'd probably chicken out. There, in that moment, i wanted to run away or hide or something, anything and never in my life had I been so nervous.

I closed my eyes sighing in frustration at myself, cursing myself for what I'd done and trying to figure out how I was going to get through this but just as I opened my eyes, I saw Bella standing there, her eyebrow raised in confusion.

We must have stood in the same position for five solid minutes before she finally spoke up.

"Yes?" Her voice cold and heartless.

"Uh hi, um.." I scratched the back of my head and she raised her eyebrow further noticing how awkward I was being.

"Look, do you want something?" She asked simply in a plain manner.