Chapter 24: Disaster's Back

BELLA'S P.O.V

It had been a week since I last saw Ashton, and the week was great, I spent almost the entire week with Luke, we went bowling, pizza hut, Arcades and he even took me ice skating. I was enjoying my life here, for once and the fact that I was rarely at school, helped with the whole avoiding Ashton situation. I was actually quite astonished that Luke did not want to spend time with Ashton, being close friends. But I was not going to question it.

"So do you want to go and watch Fast and Furious tomorrow, at the cinema?" Luke smiled at me as we walked down the hall at school hand in hand.

I nervously smiled back, "Fast and Furious?"

"Yes, that movie, the car one?" His voice turned into slight disbelief and amuse.

"Ohhh right, the car one, Yes, silly me how could I forget?" I lied, my eyes round as they always turn when I'm lying about something and my cheeks slightly red. Lying was so rare for me, but ever since I had decided to have this second life, it had become quite common- my ability to lie, however, hasn't managed to catch up.

He tilted his head and sighed, "You have no Idea, do you?"

I slowly shook my head in shame. I hated being oblivious to everything and anything around me, I felt like a lost puppy and I hated it, but I was learning.

"It's okay, nothing to be worried about" He smirked. He always told me that I shouldn't be so ashamed of being so oblivious but I couldn't help it, I felt like an idiot.

I stopped at my locker and took out my biology folder and some of my revision books before heading down to the science department. I gripped onto Luke hand again and we headed downstairs before the dreaded happened.

There he was, Ashton. With Chloe.

I gripped Luke's hand tighter. My stomach clenched and it was almost like I was flinching away  from him. Ashton hadn't noticed me yet, but I'd noticed him, I'd noticed how he was laughing with a bunch of Chloe's friends as if they had been friends for forever, as if I was nothing to him, just a temporary obstacle in his life. Chloe eventually saw me and Luke standing at the top of the stares and glanced at me before giving me a mischievous smirk and turning to Ashton placing both of her hands on his cheeks and kissing him. He had no facial expression, he didn't lean in or kiss back, but he didn't pull away either. They must have been going at it for about a minute or two before I'd seen enough and turned around walking out of the door, slamming it behind me while Luke chased after me calling "Bella!"

He caught up to me of course and placed his hand on my shoulder and turned me around, forcing me to stop.

"Look" I quickly said before he could say anything, "I just prefer to take the other staircase down" and I started walking along the hallway again before he gently gripped my arm turning me around again.

"Listen, Bella." He demanded, "I understand that you don't want to see him for whatever reason, but I won't just abandon my friend without even knowing what he's done"

I gave him a disappointed look. He was supposed to take my side, he knew how heartbroken I was and he should stand by me.

A few girls were snickering to themselves at our side, pointing at me and giggling. I was crying. Tears were streaming down my face. I was wiping my tears away with the sleeves of my shirt and Luke was giving me his sympathetic look.

"Bella, jsut tell em what he's done" Luke asked, more calm and subtle than his previous speech. How could I tell Luke? What do I even tell him, Ashton told me he loved me and then he started going out with my best friend, who also betrayed me. What was this? Some sort of sick game the two had been playing with me? With Chloe, I'd seen it coming but with Ashton.. I had so much faith in him, a little too much.