Chapter 5: Miserable Past

"A-Ashton!!" I stuttered slightly but shouted, "What do you think you're doing!?" I walked towards him angrily, and quickly shut the laptop, looking furious while hiding the nervousness I was actually feeling inside.

"What is that letter about?" He asked looking as puzzled as ever.

"It's none of your business" I said pretending to be annoyed, "I can't believe you just read my e-mail without my approval!"

"Okay, I'm sorry! no need to be such a princess about it" He playfully rolled his eyes.

I gulped slightly, unsure whether he figured out what the letter meant.

"The letter said "duties our country needs us to fulfil" what does that even mean?" He asked a little freaked out.

I bit my bottom lip wondering what to do, what to say. Should I tell him? I wondered, I mean he's bound to find out soon enough, he is my room-mate and I can't hide this forever. However on the other hand, he's not trustworthy enough, he's a player and a liar and I don't know whether he'll keep it a secret or not. I sighed in frustration.

"I'm waiting" He said loudly, with a raised eyebrow.

"Do you honestly have no clue?" I whispered.

"Of course I do, im just asking to make sure you know what your e-mail means. What do you think, Bella?" He said in his usual sarcastic manner followed by a chuckle, "I crack myself up".

"I'm wondering whether to tell you, and you're not helping" I said, annoyed.

"Just tell me" He demanded while walking to the mini fridge we had and taking out a can of coke.

"How do I know you'll keep it a secret?" I gave him another chance, despite his rudeness.

"Because gossiping is just not my thing" He responded making me let out a laugh. He opened up his can while fizz flooded out and onto the floor, "Oh shit" He whispered before getting some tissue and kneeling down to wipe it off.

I sighed and slowly walked to the couch placing myself to one side, "You might want to take a seat" I said, nervous and unable to believe I was actually going to do this.

I could see the confusion on Ashton's face but he followed my order's anyway and sat next to me.

"I really don't know how to say it..." I gulped once again.

"Well you open your mouth and the words should flow out" He smirked.

I hit him a little, "Would it kill you to be a little sensitive about the situation" I pleaded, "It's more important than you think."

"You're pregnant?" He asked chuckling to himself.

"No!" I screamed, very annoyed now.

"Do you want to be?" He smirked followed by a wink.

"Really? I'm about to tell you I'm a princess and you're flirting?" I blurted out.

"You're what?" He said with a serious facial expression.

"I'm a princess" I said once again after taking a deep breath.

He simply stared at me examining my face to see if I was actually serious or not.

"You're Queen Louisiana's daughter?" He asked.

"Yes" I whispered.

"I didn't even know she had a daughter!" He said astonished.

"I don't blame you, she practically imprisoned me in that palace, which is why I ran away," I said proudly.

"And you came to a boarding school, where it's basically the same?" He asked.