Chapter 13: Paparazzi Trouble

I stared at Ashton, speechless of how to respond. He was staring deep into my eyes and for the first time, I could see how serious he was about this, he meant it and he actually seemed very worried. I smiled at how caring he was being.

"Thank you Ashton, that's really sweet but I can't let you get involved with all of this" I explained to Ashton, desperately.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because-" I hesitated, "because- Well, the same reason you don't want me going".

"And what's that?" 

"Because, I don't want you getting hurt" I said softly, looking down avoiding making eye contact with him. his mouth lifted on one side, forming half a smile which quickly faded after a small scoff.

"Belle, I appreciate that, I do but you ain't facing that son of a bitch alone." Ashton said, his voice reaching a tone of anger towards the end.

"That's my grandfather you're talking about!" I said shocked and angry.

"He doesn't seem like much of a grandad to me!" Ashton shouted back, seeming just as angry as me.

I scoffed quietly and crossed my arms in annoyance as we went through a minute of silence which felt like an hour before Ashton sighed loudly.

"Okay look, I'm sorry, despite everything, he is still your grandfather" He said as I formed a small smile of satisfaction before he added on "Unfortunately."

I gave him a quick glare but decided to move on.

"You're not coming and that's final." I told him before I quickly opened the large cupboard near the door and pulled out the small bag pack I had arrived in which I had arrived with and opened it placing it on my bed before walking over to my small closet and pulling some clothes off of my hangers and throwing them in the bag pack, along with some possessions.

Ashton quickly walked over to where I was and stood in front of the closet, spreading his arms wide stopping me from going passed him.

"Ashton, please!" I whined.

"Either I go with you or you don't go at all" He simply said.

I growled in utter annoyance and glared at Ashton hoping to scare him into moving away.

"You're gonna have to do more than that puppy dog glare to scare me away" he chuckled.

"Ashton, we can do this the easy way or we can do it the hard way" I stated, crossing my arms once again before Ashton chuckled.

"I'd love to see the hard way you've got planned" He smirked before winking.

"No not that!" I shouted before starting to pushing him with all of my strength. I barely managed to move him an inch. I sighed in frustration, "Why are you always so difficult Ashton!?"

He shrugged, "must be a gift"

I rolled my eyes, actually getting quite irritated for the first time in my life. Ashton's smug comments were doing absolutely nothing to help my situation right now.

"Okay okay fine, you're clearly serious about this.. so fine. Go."He said trying to hide his annoyance.

I took a deep breathe, and sighed in relief, "Thank you." before walking back over to my closet and taking out the left over possessions and quickly putting them in the bag before zipping it up.

I quickly got my large green coat and put it on before buttoning it up. I grabbed the bag I had just packed and held it with my right arm walking straight for the door to leave before I stopped. As annoying as he can be, Ashton only cared about me, he'd helped me a lot since I'd gotten here and in spite of everything, I wouldn't even be here if he hadn't let me stay with him. I turned around to see him staring at me with what seemed to be watery eyes before he quickly looked down to hide them. I smiled and quickly ran towards him, gently wrapping my arms around him giving him a long hug, as my eyes starting watering too.