Chapter 14: The Search Ends

BELLA'S P.O.V

I gripped on to my cosy green jacket hoping to receive some warmth, as I struggled to get off of my bum and stand on my feet. I looked behind at the back of my jacket to see it was completely soaked and drenched in water which had been dripping all night from a leaking gutter, as well as my shoes and hands.  I sighed and wiped my hands on the only part of dry clothing I had left as I looked back down at the watery pavement I had just spent the night sleeping on, this small alley way or street was the only place which had literally no pedestrians- and more importantly, paparazzi. My facial expression turned into disgust as I remembered all the rats and insects there were around the whole night, I practically spent the night screaming! What was I going to do now, the paparazzi were basically camping outside my palace! I suddenly got a great idea! why hadn't I thought of it before? Oh gosh, I was such an idiot not too.

I quickly slipped my hand into my coat pocket taking out my personalized and unique "Isabella" branded cell phone. Please have battery, Please have battery I chanted as I pressed the on switch at the top. Nothing happened. I stared in disappointment as I continued pressing the button hoping that if I did it enough, it would magically turn on, before a small electrical spark flashed from behind as jumped up letting go of the phone before it landed in a sharp crash on watery payment.

My eyes widened, "no, no, no, no, please, no!!" I shouted as I picked it up already seeing fragmants of glass on the pavement.

I sighed, well there's nothing I can do about that now I told myself. What to do now? Maybe I could ask somebody for a lift? but where would I go? this was serious, I couldn't afford to go back to the boarding school because I need to get into the palace! and as soon as possible, who knows what chaos is going on in there.. because of me! I wish I'd let Ashton come with me.

I sighed, walked out from the small ditch I had just been in, I walked over to the end of the narrow street I was walking in and peered around the corner to see if the coast was clear and it was. I was about to step out intp the open but then I realised that for all I know someone could just come out of nowhere and see me, and take pictures of me, I mean I'm not even in disguise. I know that since I'm going back to the palace, it's really not worth hiding my identity but I like this new life, where I'm normal and I'm going to try as hard as I can to keep it. 

I suddenly saw a few girls crossing the road and turning to walk past me, probably towards the beach. They were both wearing shorts, one had a tank top on and one just had a cropped shirt, and they were both wearing sunglasses. Sunglasses were exactly what I needed.

After a minute or 2, they reached the street I was standing in, I walked up to them so I didn't seem like I had jsut been standing in a street this whole time.

"Greetings" I said, smiling.

They stared at me with confusion and then looked and one another and then back at me.

"Uh hi..." The blond finally spoke up.

"I'm Bella" I said, I was trying to introduce myself so it didn't seem too weird when I asked to have a pair of sunglasses.

The blond raised her eyebrow and stared at me with distaste.

The redhead standing beside her decided to respond to me, "Bella... we don't talk to soaked strangers who look like they're homeless and sleep in puddles."

The blond scoffed and they both started to continue walking, I knew it was very unlikely to find sunglasses in a area like this, there was no shops and nobody took this route to the beach since it was a very.. unpleasant street so I called them.

"Wait!" I quickly said.

The redhead growled, "Get lost, freak!"

"Can you just please listen to me for a moment?" I sighed.

"No" she replied, getting irritated.

"I just- I wanted to borrow your sunglasses" I asked, nervously.

"Why?! they're not gonna do anything for you, I mean look at you!?" She shouted clearly angry.

The blond turned around and whispered what I could make out as "calm down"

The blond looked back at me, "What do you need sunglasses for?" she simply asked.

"Uhh.. Um.. I- I MY EYES! they're um.. sore, so I think it's because of the sun?" I said, mumbling half the words.

She raised her eyebrow, looking confused and slightly freaked out at the same time, she sighed rolling her eyes "Just take them" she said take them off and handing them to me.

"What!?" the redhead shouted as she tried to snatch them back but the blonde stopped.

"Leave it Carter!" She said turning her friend around and leaving.

That was really intense, I mean I know I looked homeless and jsut dirty right now but if a homeless person asked you for something, would you really react liek that!? selfish and stuck-up? I scoffed looking at them walk away.

I put the sunglasses on and decided to take off my drenched green rain coat, it wasn't needed anymore as it was pretty sunny now, and besides they're most likely to recognise me with it on. I looked around hoping to recognise a street, I didn't get out much from the palace- well actually at all so I knew practically no streets around it or anywhere in wales, I only knew the direction back to the boarding school but those were from the palace's location, and right now I had no idea where I was, I was running so fast I didn't keep track. I looked in all of the directions hoping to figure out something but I couldn't, I'd never walked these streets before so how could I?

I was officially lost. 

ASHTON'S P.O.V

"Belle!?" I shouted running down the road and looking in each street.

"Bella!? God damn it where are you!?" I sighed in frustration as I kept running forward.

I was heading towards her palace hoping that she would be somewhere around there, It was going to take a while since the palace is all the way on the other side of wales. and there was so many roads and streets. How was I gonna find her? I sighed at the thought. No, I was not giving up on her, I told myself and ran straight down the road. If Bella's anywhere, she over there and I'm just wasting my time checking these streets.

I was staring right at the point of the palace that could be seen from here, not looking neither left nor right. I couldn't believe I'd let Bella go out there alone, she went at night, and fuck knows what happened to her, she probably just- I don't want to think about it anymore.

I ran straight across a bunch of roads not even bothering to see the stupid green man before I got a phone call from Luke. I quickly picked up.

"Luke" I quickly said, about to tell him I was busy before he jumped in

"Ashton! Have you seen the news? Isn't that Bella's green coat!?" He asked seeming in shock and disbelief.

"Uh" I stopped walking, not caring where I stopped. "Um" I said again. He was Bella's boyfriend, no matter how much it hurt, that was the truth and he deserved to know. I opened my mouth about to tell him everything before I heard a man scream "Watch out!" quickly followed by Luke saying "Who was that!?". I then heard the loud noise of a cars horn and before I could turn around to look it was too late. I was hit.

Sorry I know it was really short but I'll make up for it in the next chapter, I promise!