Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up, I felt amazing. It’s like I was a whole new me. A more positive version of me. I got ready for the dress rehearsal and went downstairs to go make some breakfast for the boys. When I got to the kitchen, no one was there. I guess I beat everyone. I got a loaf of toast and put four in the toaster, when those where done, I repeated it until I had 12 pieces toasted. I got the butter and jam out and set it on the table. “BREAKFAST YOU LAZY BUMS!” I yelled. I heard faint groans and they came in with tired faces. “Rise and shine boys! Today is the dress rehearsal!” I said with enthusiasm. They all groaned again but when they saw the food they came rushing in and chowed down.

“Are you guys excited!?” I asked them.

“For what?” Zayn asked.

“THE PERFORMANCE THAT WILL DECIDE MY FUTURE!!!” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

“You’re just as loud as Louis…” Zayn mumbled.

“I KNOW!” I yelled and high fived Louis. He had a big grin on his face. I smiled back and kept eating. When we finished, the boys went to get changed but Liam stayed behind. “Should we tell them?” I asked.

“No, later. I have a surprise planned out for them!” Liam whispered/shouted in my ear then walked off. I went to my room and got ready. Simple track pants and tank top will do. I grabbed a sweater, pulled it on, and headed out.

When we got to the stage, everyone was in a hurry to get things ready. I went to the girls dressing room to put my stuff away. On the way back, I saw a golf cart and decided to hop on. I drove around until I found the boys’ dressing room and knocked on the door. Harry opened it, and he was only in his boxers…Talk about scarring an image! Anyway, his eyes lit up when he saw the cart. “GUYS! Come here! Gabby brought a golf cart. Harry hoped in not bothering to put a shirt or pants on and the boys followed. Liam and I in the front, Louis and harry in the back, and Niall and Zayn hanging from the sides (A/N which is the best part to ride on in a golf cart, learned from personal experience XD). Then we drove off. I haven’t drove a golf cart in a long time so I kept on hitting some walls, which made the boys complain. But they didn’t volunteer to drive, because they knew I would go all ape on them…When we got to the stage, Julie Jones was practicing on stage, and when she saw us, she started laughing and pointing at us. I motioned her to stop, but all eyes ended up at us, and we ran away into the lunch room and closed the door. We all took in deep breaths and started laughing. Then we heard a cough in the background. Simon Cowell was there eating his lunch. “UNCLE SIMON!” the boys rejoiced and ran up to Simon. I stayed back because that would be weird. I smiled and waved at him and he smiled back and started to talk to the boys.

“What are you doing here?” Liam asked.

“Just to check up on you guys, looks like you were having some fun backstage” Simon said.

“Ya…”The boys said while looking down.

“But it’s alright, as long as you didn’t damage anything” and it’s a good thing we didn’t! “So boys, have fun tomorrow, I have to head on to a meeting, so bye!” and he walked out quickly. I noticed he forgot the rest of his lunch, and so did Niall, because I saw him eating the other half of his sandwich. That boy can sure eat!

One direction and Gabrielle Jordan, please come to the stage” the intercom said and we rushed to the stage. We met up with Loren and settled in. The boys got the feel of the stage and we did vocal warm ups. We went over it a few times then headed home. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow, but I was also scared for the results. I can win and get a recording contract with republic records, or I could go home with nothing. It was simple, but scary. As we were driving home, we stopped to get some gas, and while I was filling the tank, the boys went in the shop to buy some candy. When I finished before the boys, I locked the car and headed in to get some chips. When I went in, the boys were at the magazine rack looking at an article. “Oh, Gabbs, come here” Niall said and waved me over. When I got there, Niall let me go in front of him so I could see, reminding you that I am short. When I looked at the magazine, I saw a big picture of the boys and me on the front cover. We were the top story on the people magazine. “AWESOME!” I yelled and grabbed the magazine. The boys looked at me weirdly. “Hey, I haven’t been in a magazine let alone on a cover of one!” I said, “Unlike you guys on every single one possible.”

“Not everyone…” Louis said.

“Fine, almost everything” I stated and took the magazine to the counter and paid for it. When it was time for the boys to pay, it was weird because the girl didn’t recognize them at all. Did I not mention that it was weird? Anyway, on the way home, I heard in the background the munching of chips and candy bars. Which got me hungry, my stomach growled. So I asked Zayn to put a chip in my mouth, but he forced it in my mouth to hard, which made me gag, which triggered me to bite, on his hand.

“OW!” Malik yelled.

“Soorwy” I said with my mouth full.

When we got home, we put an icepack on his hand to stop the swelling and I started making dinner. The problem was that I didn’t know what to cook! So I looked in the fridge and looked around. I saw some chicken drum sticks so I decided fried chicken. I got my pre-made powder and started laying the chicken in it. The Liam walked in. “Let me help you” he said and took the batter away. I nodded and got the stove going. While he battered and passed me the chicken, I fried it and put it on the plate. The process got done faster because of the team work. I put the chicken on the table and called the boys.

We ate and talked about tomorrow. They asked me if I was nervous, but I said no. I was lying because I was actually quite terrified. I finished eating. As I was walking to my room, something square hit my head. I turn around and look down, seeing a pillow at my feet. I picked it up and looked at the boys. “Who did it?” I asked calmly. They all pointed at Louis. “I don’t know why they’re pointing at me, I didn’t do it” he said. I could see in his eyes that he was lying and was trying to hold his laughter. Then another pillow hit me when I wasn’t expecting it. I looked at them again and Liam was smiling.

“Oh, it’s on like donkey kong!” I yelled and threw the pillows.

“PILLOW FIGHT!” Harry yelled and joined.