Chapter Nineteen: Hogwarts Express

The Hogwarts Express was as cozy and welcoming as ever. Even though the train was sort of like my third home, I found it hard to step foot into the train. I don't understand how I did it so easily in the previous years. Maybe because I knew I'd be coming back; but this time, I won't ever be coming back. Ever.

Tears slid down my face as I made my way to my own compartment with Draco, Ginny, Luna, and Neville, many eyes following me as I went. I couldn't control them; it was like someone else controlled my body, making me to continue to go on, like I was totally out of control.

We finally found an empty compartment and entered. Ginny and Draco sat on either side of me, Neville and Luna on the other seat. I stared out the window into the grounds of Hogwarts, the castle beautiful in the morning sunlight.

I sniffed hard. I don't like that I am leaving, never to return; but what could I do about it? It's not like I can go back a year or start over again, that's not how it works. I'm done. I've left my mark. It's my time to leave.

I remembered the chat McGonagall and I had last night in the Gryffindor common room, everyone else was either in their room or sleeping.

"Last year." McGonagall noted quietly, her eyebrows knitted together. "You will be missed, Miss Granger."

I nodded slowly; these words from one of the greatest professors in the school meant a lot. "Thank you. I will miss the school; and it's people. I'll miss you, Professor McGonagall." I added.

McGonagall studied my face, as if she didn't know how to answer, which I knew wasn't true; she always knew the answers.

"Kind heart." McGonagall said calmly. She ripped her eyes off my face and looked around at the Gryffindor common room, as I did the same. I was going to miss this place; the smell, the comforting feeling, the sight, everything.

"When is it?" McGonagall asked unexpectedly. "The wedding."

I tensed. I didn't realize the professors knew; I didn't realize the school knew!

My mouth lay slightly open, not knowing what to say. But McGonagall spoke for me, "Even amoung the professor know what happens in this school. I am your Headmistress now; it's my duty to know all."

I weakly smiled at McGonagall. I had forgotten she was Headmistress; sometimes in the whole fight of my life I forget that McGonagall had moved up a step from Professor to Headmistress.

"Finally." McGonagall whispered.

I turned towards her. "Finally what?" I asked, curiosity biting at me like usual.

McGonagall slightly blushed; I doubt she thought I'd hear her say that. "You and Mr. Malfoy," McGonagall said. "I've been waiting since your first year for you two to get together. I must be honest, and please forgive me when I say, but I was a bit disappointed when you were with Mr. Weasley. I am unsure if you are aware of this, but you and Mr. Malfoy are very much alike."

The tips of my lips curled up, like Professor Snape's used to do. I could feel McGonagall's eyes watching me, waiting for my reply. I slowly look up, my eyes wide and watering. "Truly?" I asked in a chocked voice. "Did you always support Draco and I?"

"Mr. Malfoy has made many mistakes, but there is no doubt in my mind that he has changed. It was hard times back then, he's a Slytherin, they usually choose to save themselves instead of saving others. But Mr. Malfoy has showed the qualities of the other three houses; the loyality of Gryffindor, the brains of Ravenclaw, and the caring compassion of Hufflepuff. But more than anything, Gryffindor. Bravery, loyality, good mind, everything. He has changed, and I do believe that he has changed for the better than the worst. He was the boy who made the wrong descions."