Chapter Four: Midnight Kiss

I tapped my quill annoyingly against the wooden desk in my room as I tried to finish my charms homework. My quill made loud scratching as I quickly wrote down the answer to question number 59.

"Could you turn that quill down!?" Ginny bagged. Ginny, Neville and I were studying for the charms test tomorrow.

I turned around to face Ginny.

"You can't turn down a quill!" I grinned.

Ginny smirked as well, though her freckily cheeks were flushed with a bright pink. Neville laughed. I looked hard at Neville for a minute.

"You like Luna, don't you Neville?" I asked.

Neville looked up from the book, his cheeks even more of a bright pink than Ginny's.

"Wha- what?" Neville stuttered, "I-I don't like Loony Lovegood, ha ha. Good-good one Her- Hermione! ha ha..."

"You're not fooling anyone, Neville," Ginny said causally, not taking her eyes of the charms text book, "So just admit it."

Neville looked around horrified.

"You can tell us," I said honestly, "We'll keep your secret."

"Yeah, we will." Ginny said, her mouth filled with Chocolate Caludrons, which made her seem less trustable. But Neville gave in anyway.

"Yeah," He whispered.

"What!?" Ginny said loudly, leaning in as if she couldn't hear him. I smirked at the silly sight.

"I like her..." Neville admitted.

"You like who?" I asked, grinning broadly.

"Luna," Neville said sheepishly, "I like Luna Lovegood!"

Me and Ginny cheered. I spinned around in my chair.

"The truth comes out!" I call.

"He has admitted it!" Ginny yelled to my ceiling, "I we finally know for sure!"

There was three loud bangs on my door.

"What's going on in there?" Draco called through my door.

"Nothing!" We all call out in sink.

I slowly walked out into the common room an hour after Ginny and Neville left. It was quite late, around midnight, I suppose. The common room was dark and Draco was sitting on the couch, looking at the fire.

"Hey!" I say, walking closer to him.

He didn't not answer. I walked around to see his face. What I saw shocked me. He was crying. Like, actual crying. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal to you, but to me it's huge! I've never seen Draco cry before.

I sat down beside him and laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Draco, what's wrong?" I asked.

Draco grabbed a copy of the Daily Prophet and shoved it into my arms. I carefully read the article Draco was pointing at.

"Earlier today, Lucius Malfoy, former death eater and one of the helpers of You-Know-Who's rise, has been sentenced to death by the Minister of Magic himself, Kingsley Shaklebolt. Newer aurors had undercovered more events Malfoy had takin part in. He will be beheaded on November the 10th, at 8:30 Am in Azkaban prison, cell 45. Giving you the lastest, Rita Skeeter is out once again.

I gasped when I finish reading it.

"Oh my goddness, I am so so soo sorry Draco!" I cried, grabbing his hand.