Chapter Seven: Eyes Wide Open

I stare at the fire with a blank expression on my face. The fabric of my shirt around my neck is stained with my rushed tears. I took a deep sniff. I had a horrible headace from all the crying I had done.

I heard the portrait open but I didn't look over. Instead I just wipped my nose with my rolled up sleeve.

"Hey." Draco said casually sitting next to me on the coach as if what had just happened 2 hours ago never happened, "What's wrong?"

I looked at Draco with cold eyes. Is he actually going to try and act like that didn't just happened? He already broke my heart. What does he want broke next? My soul?

"What? Just tell me!" Draco begged, grabbing my hand.

I yanked my hand away from him and stood up, my body feeling suddenly very cold.

"Don't touch me." I sneered so quiet it was barely audible to Draco or me for that fact.

Draco looked bewild and confused.

"Why?" Draco asked slowly, standing up.

"I'm not stupid!" I screamed, "And neither are you!"

Draco shook his head like he didn't understand what I was talking about and blinked furiously.

"What?" He asked quietly.

"I saw you! You and Luna! Don't pretend you don't know!" I screamed.

I felt the warm, fresh tears coming down heavy. My body was shaking furiously and my fist were clenched and my jaw was set. But I didn't care. Mad and furious doesn't even explain how I feel right down. How would you feel if you saw the love of your life, who you just got to start getting really close too, making out with a girl you thought was your good friend? Then that boy ignore it like it never happened? Exactly. Mad was an understatement.

"Oh." Draco said in a quiet voice, "I thought you'd be happy..."

"Happy?" I asked, fabergasted, "Why on this bloody earth would I be happy!?"

"Why wouldn't you be happy?" Draco hissed.

"Oh, yeah, I love seeing my boyfriend snogging one of my best friends in the corridor right in front of my own eyes and then not even have the courage to say sorry? You're so right, I'm just overjoyed, can't you tell?" I screamed louder then I meant it to be.

"Wait what?" Draco asked, raising his hands up, "Me snogging Luna?"

"Oh my god, how can you still be acting like this! We all know what you did, so just admit it and save yourself the trouble!" I screamed.

I pounded my feet against the ground in frustration. Why wouldn't he just admit it?

"Hermione, are you okay?" Draco asked, taking a step closer to me. I backed away several steps before hitting the stone wall.

"I'm just fine." I lied.

I started to stomp towards my room angryly. Draco grabbed my arm on the way to my room.

"Are you sure you're okay? Because you don't seem to be..." Draco told me.

I ripped my arm out of his grip. I looked him square in the eyes. My face was bright red with anger.

"I'll be just fine if I never see you again!" I cried.

I ran into room and slammed the door shut.

I spent my whole night crying under my covers with my face smashed in my pillow. Draco stood outside my door that night for as long as I could remember, calling my name through the wooden door. Of course I didn't answer.