Chapter Fourteen: Forget Me Not

I knelt uncomfortably by the big wooden doors to the hospital wing. The nurse, whom calls herself 'Madam Pomfrey', and the Headmistress, apparently named 'McGonagall', were on the other side of the door talking to the boy whom was sitting on a chair close to my bed when I woke up only three hours ago.

I pressed my ear hard against the cold wooden door. I wanted to hear what they were saying. A feeling in the pit of my stomach told me that they were going to be talking about me. But it was just a feeling, I could be completely wrong. Either way I still wanted to hear them.

"What's wrong with her?" The muffled voice of the boy asked, "Why can't see remember me? Why can't see remember anything?"

"Mr Malfoy," I heard the soft voice of McGonagall say, her tone oozing with pity, "She's had the Memory Charm placed on her."

I wasn't exactly sure what a Memory Charm was but by the sounds of the boy's sobbing and the noise of him trying to chock back his tears, that it wasn't a very good charm to have placed on you.

"Isn't there any cure?" The boy asked desperately.

Even though I couldn't see their faces, I knew McGonagall and Madam Pomfrey were sneaking glances at each other, silently asking who would be the one to tell him the news.

"There isn't any known full proof cure for a Memory Charm," the old and wise voice of Madam Pomfrey said to the boy sadly, "We could try to teach her to remember, but it's highly doubtful she'll regain her full memory again.."

"Alright," The boy sniffed, "But can I see her again?"

And with this I quickly got up from my very uncomfortable position by the wooden doors and quickly tiptoed to the bed. I silently slipped under the covers and closed my eyes, trying to create the illusion of sleeping.

I heard the wooden doors slowly creek open. The sound of feet pounding against the floor echoed through the silent room. I could feel the heat of the three body's of the two elder witches and young wizard next to me.

"Hermione?" McGonagall asked.

It took my brain a few seconds to register that McGonagall was talking to me. I was told that this was my name only three hours ago. What kind of weird name is Hermione Granger? What kind of twisted parents names their child this? It's just flat out odd.

I slowly opened my eyes and slowly looked around at the group of magical folk. They all looked at me with a hungry glare in their eyes, like they were exspecting a lot from me. Something that I could not deliver.

"Yes, McGonagall?" I asked weakly.

All three of their faces seemed to light up with excitment. My heart broke when I found out what they were so excited about; they thought I had gained my memory again. I swallowed hard; I don't want to see their faces when I have to break it to them that my memory is still gone, long ways away. Maybe never to return.

"You remember me?" McGonagall asked.

"Yeah," I said slowly, "You told me less then three hours ago.."

All their faces dropped. Any hint of excitment had disappered and disappointment took it's place. It was heart breaking to look at them.

"Well, Draco would like to talk to you." McGonagall said, turning to leave.

"Draco?" I asked, 'Who's Draco?"

The boy's face looked devastated. He must be Draco. I can't imagine how painful it is to care so much for a person who doesn't even know their name. I wish I could care for him as much as he cares for me. But I knew I can't care for him like that.