Chapter 5

You Don't Know- Katelyn Tarver (Don't start the song yet, only when you see this —> 🖤)
A Week Later

"I just can't ask him out on a DATE!" I yell at Mike and Emily and throw myself on the bed and bring my hands down my face in frustration.

"Yes you can hoe, just say that you want to go to dinner and don't really call it a date." Mike says sitting down next to me.

"Yeah, it's not like he'll say no." Emily says copying Mike's move. I pinch the bridge of my nose and sit up.

"So you're saying that I should basically invite him to dinner?" They nod.

"Don't you think that's a bit odd? Asking him to dinner for the first time, I think he'll know." I say throwing myself back on the bed.

"Listen dummy, if you don't do it then I will! Colby's hot and if you don't take him then hunny move over cause he's mine." Mike says chuckling a bit. I look at him trying not to laugh and push him off the bed.

"Fine, I'll do it." I finally say while covering my face with my hands to stop me from blushing. Ugh I have this huge crush on Colby and I'm starting to get awkward when I'm around him. Emily and Mike got here two days ago and I'm staying with them in a really nice hotel.

"Here." Emily says handing me my new phone. I groan and push myself off the bed.

"Can't I do it tomorrow?" I ask slouching.

"No!" Both Emily and Mike say at the same time, that's a bit weird.

"Ugh, I hate you guys." I say opening my phone and looking for Colby's contact name.

"Sure you do." Mike's smart ass says. I find Colby's number and my thumb rests above the call button.

"I can do this! I can totally do this!" I say with a smile plastered on my face. Both Emily and Mike look at me and smile. My thumb starts to reach for the call button but then I stop.

"I CANT DO THIS!" I say throwing my face on the bed and bringing my hands up to my face again.

"Do it." I hear Emily whisper to Mike. Do what? I take away my hands from my face and see Mike pressing the call button. Fuck.

"NO M-Hi Colby!" I say as Mike presses the phone to my ear.

"Hey Amber, what's up?" Colby says making my heart beat faster. I start pacing back and forth while giving Mike a death glare.

"Oh nothing, I just called you on accident. Total accident." I say emphasizing the 'total.' I look at Mike now he's the one giving me a death glare, making a fist and pointing to me.

"Okay well-" Colby starts but I cut him off. I bite my lip trying to think of ways of asking Colby and finally say it.

"Actually Colby, I was actually wondering if you would like to come to dinner with me tomorrow like at 8?" I ask and start biting my nails.

"I-" He starts.

"Like a friend thing!" I quickly add finally sitting down on a chair and tapping my foot repeatedly.

"Well, Like I was gonna say before you interrupted me, TWICE, is that I would totally go with you, like a friend thing." He says and all I feel is relief. I bite my lip again to stop me from smiling too hard.

"Okay, I'll text you later...BYE!" I say finally before hanging up. I can tell that both Emily and Mike are waiting for an answer because they're looking at me anxiously. I think they were more scared than me.

"Well?!" Mike quickly says anxious to know the answer.

"He-" I stop before continuing, he's gonna get pay back for calling when I wasn't ready and forcing it on me.