Chapter 3

Fix You- Coldplay

~Months Later~

Amber's Point Of View

Ryan. He's the only nice one left. When it's "his" day he never hurts me, instead he helps me and tells me how sorry he is that he didn't do anything when he could. He also is the one that brings me food and water and whatever I need.

He would even calm me down sometimes after having my "episodes." I would cry so much for hours so he would come and calm me down. I don't know how he did it but he would accomplish it sometimes. I still wouldn't talk much. I would just stare at the walls and do nothing while I listened to him talk over and over again.

God I wanted to die already, it already felt like I was dead. Every time they come in and force me to do stuff it's like I'm a zombie. Demands after demands. I feel so used and abused.

I've tried. I've tried to end it all but they took away what could've done it when they heard me. They took my freedom away.

I'm so desperate to get out of here already that I've begun to think of ways, of crazy ways. It would end in me hurting one of them, as if it were possible. Well it is, with Ryan.

It's either him or me and honestly I think I should follow my gut and hurt him but only to distract him while I run.

I'm gonna do this tonight, it's his night and I have the perfect idea. To be honest I don't even know where I am. When I ran out last time nothing looked familiar, I don't think it was even Connecticut. And I don't know how long I've been here for, all I remember is being in Connecticut for Christmas.

I want to get out of here. I want to go back home with my best friends. I want to see my parents and my sisters and tell them how much I love them. I want my life back.

*Knock Knock*

I jump up at the sounds of knocking but then calm down when I realize that the only one who knocks is Ryan.

"Come in." I say biting my lip. The door slowly opens and in comes Ryan with a tray and food.

"Good afternoon!" He says closing the door and walking over to me. I smile and say nothing.

"I'll be back in a few. Please eat today Amber I don't wanna see the full tray again." He says while placing the tray down beside me and grabbing my hand. He's the only one who actually cares about my well being and I don't know if I can hurt him. He's also the only one who actually cared to ask about my name and about me in general.

"Great." I whisper while looking at my tray. He brought me pancakes with eggs and orange juice. Kinda makes me feel like I'm home again, my mom used to always make this. The basic.

I grab the plate with the food and then quickly notice a fork and a knife. A knife. The thing he wasn't allowed to give me. The thing that will help me escape.

I grab the knife and admire it. This is wrong. This is very wrong, I can't just stab a guy! I'm not cruel!

"God please give me the strength to do this!" I cry bringing my hands to my face as tears leave my eyes.

I quickly place the knife under my pillow and eat. Now I have an appetite, now that I know I'm gonna get out.

~Midnight~