Sick Space Bound Reality

~6 Years Ago~

Alexis,

Id've done anything for you to show you how much I adore you. But it's over now. It's too late to save our love. Just promise me you'll think of me every time you look up in the sky and see a star.

Matt

I stared at the note in my shaky hands with wide, disbelieving eyes. The paper drifted from my clammy grip and landed lightly on the ground next to my now ex-lover. Bullet wound to the temple. Even in death, he seemed to be mocking me. Trying to make my life some sick, twisted lie. I suddenly cried out and collapsed to my knees, my palms on his unmoving chest and my eyes overflowing with salty tears.

"Matt Royston, you stupid son of a bitch..." I whispered, my voice sounding choked. I felt my heart constrict and I screamed. At Matt, at the world for making me feel this, even at myself. I yelled and screamed until my voice cracked and all I could do was stare at him.

I gripped his cold hand, once the hand I dreamed would put a wedding ring on my finger. Never taking my eyes off of his face, I laid down beside him. His once soft blonde hair was now stiff and stained a deep red from the blood that had soaked into his scalp. His once gorgeous and lively light blue eyes were now unblinking and dull. In the hand I was not clutching, the gun was still in his fingers. I slipped it from his still grip.

It was cold. Like ice. I immediately dropped it, shivering. That's when I lost it. I laid my head back on his chest and sobbed uncontrollably. The situation I was in was the most horrific I could have ever dreamed. For I had loved Matt Royston. Loved him until the day he died.