Chapter 24

Ever since we landed in London, Harry’s been antsy. He got a call from one of the boys before, and ever since then he hasn’t been himself. I’ve tried to get it out of him, but he won’t budge. And I can see that its really bothering him, thats why i’m trying to get it out of him. And it looks like we have plenty of time, the traffic is backed up and according to the driver, its because of a horrible accident that happened a couple of blocks away from our flat. I’ve tried texting Liam to see what happened, but he didn’t reply back. 

“Maybe he’s busy.” I said to half myself and half Harry. 

“Um...” he started, then looked with wide eyes behind me. “Oh my god. Pull over!” Harry said. The driver replied yes. 

“What’s going on Harry?” I asked him.

“Stay here.” he demanded.

“I wanna know what the hell’s going on first!” I shouted. 

“God dammit Katie just listen to me and stay here!” Harry yelled at me. He realized what he did after he did it, he’d yelled at me. He’s never yelled at me before, or even gotten angry with me. Before he could apologize, the door to the van opened and Louis appeared.

“Lou, what’s going on?” I asked. 

“Harry, come on.” Louis said. 

“Louis!” I shouted. 

“Katie, you’re better off not knowing. Come here, i’ll send you to Eleanor over there.” he said. I nodded and followed him out, hearing Harry tell the driver to stay and that he’ll pay him for staying. Eleanor was right at the door and put her arms around my shoulders.

“Stay here, Katie.” she said. She looked like she had been crying. 

“Why were you crying? What’s going on and why won’t anyone tell me?! I’m going to find out eventually anyways!” I said loudly. Niall came over to me and gave me a huge hug, he had been crying too.

“She’s right guys.... she’s going to find out anyways.” Eleanor said to them. All of the boys I realized were here now... except Liam and Danielle, who were missing from us. Unless...

“Oh my god, wait a minute.... the crash...” I said out loud. Zayn nodded from next to me, and before anybody could stop me, I was running to where I was able to see.

“KATIE!” I heard in many different voices. I didn’t move off the sidewalk into the street, though. I was stopped before I could do that by one of the boys putting their arms around my stomach tightly and pulling me into them. 

I didn’t have to move any closer to see who was in the crash. Danielle was laying on the floor, face covered in blood, crying her eyes out. She was being tended to by somebody. The jaws of life were being used to open up another one of the doors of the car that, to my extreme horror, was Liam’s that he recently purchased after he got his license. Danielle was let free and escorted back to us, looking at me with tears.