Chapter 19

I shouted and yelled to get out of my room to go see Danielle and Liam upstairs. I wanted to see how they were holding out, and how it happened. Eleanor tried everything in her best to calm me down, but it didn’t work, so she had to have Louis come from downstairs, I was on fourth floor and Danielle was on third. When he came downstairs he made sure to let us know that Danielle was in surgery right now - well it wasn’t full on surgery but it was more like a c-section. 

“Have you heard from Harry?” I asked Louis. He shook his head no. I sighed and leaned back on my bed, wondering where Harry could possibly be. I mean, if no one’s heard from him all day...

“He was at home this morning, and then he picked up his gym bag, went out, and didn’t come back. He didn’t look like he was going to the gym though.” Louis said to me. I nodded sadly to him as he came over to me. “I’m sure he’s fine.” 

“Can i go see Danielle and Liam? I wanna see if their okay.” I said to them. Louis’ eyes widened and he started to grow nervous. “What’s going on that I don’t know about, Lou?” I asked him. 

“We aren’t supposed to tell you but since you caught on.... Danielle thinks its your fault that she lost the baby, because she’s been so stressed out over you. She started yelling at Liam that you caused her to loose the baby, and that she doesn’t even like you in the first place, she only acts like she does because Liam told her to when she got pregnant. But Katie, its not your fault at all. She’s just mad. But then she started saying even worse things.... and Liam did some regretful things...” Louis said. I gave him a look that told him to go on, no matter how mad I was that she still hated me, even though I was nothing but nice to her. “After she said the bad things about you, Liam kicked her out. We’ve never seen Liam mad, ever. He was infuriated by what she said - i’m not going to tell you what she said, I wasn’t even supposed to tell you this! Anyways, after he screamed at her for what she said, he kicked her out of the house and thats what we were moving before. They’re currently not speaking to each other, but Niall and Zayn took Liam out so he could cool off a bit, and i’ve been trying to reach Harry. I was upstairs waiting until her family got there too, but El came and got me because you started freaking out.” Louis finished. By then I could feel tears starting to trickle down my face little by little. 

All of what Danielle said was true. They were both stressed out, because of me being in here. Well, Danielle was stressed for Liam, but Liam was stressed for me. I had seen Danielle just before they left, and she looked fine though. Can things like that really change that quickly? And did she really hate me all that time, after i told her everything and how the gained my trust?

And to make things better, we still don’t know where Harry is. We don’t know why he’s not answering his phone. And I was starting to worry like crazy about him and Liam both. But finally, Louis had some common sense to call Anne, Harry’s mum, and talk to her.

“Okay... alright... thanks a bunch for telling us... bye.” Louis said. He turned around to us. “Harry’s home. Anne was telling me that he’s super-stressed, and he just needed to talk with someone that wasn’t us, so he resorted to her. At first it was just phone, but she told him to come home, and he did.” 

“At least I know he’s okay.” I said to him. Louis started to get another call and left the room for the moment. Eleanor came over to the side of my bed and put her arms around my shoulders.

“I told you he was fine.” she said to me. I rolled my eyes as I sighed back. “Just give him his time, he’ll come back. He loves you.” she said to me. I nodded at her just as Louis came back into the room. 

“Guess what? Liam’s arranged for you to see the outside world! No, but really, your allowed to have time outside as long as you come back after wards. He wants to talk with you for a bit before you come back.” Louis said. I nodded to him, again, and just by chance Eleanor had some clothes inside of her bag that she would have planned to change into later that she let me use for the time being. Five minutes after I changed Liam came in and told me we could leave, which we did. We didn’t go anywhere special, just home for a bit. There wasn’t much conversing between us, either, until we got home. 

“Louis told me what happened.” I said to him. I saw him sigh in his seat as I put my feet up on the couch. “He knew he wasn’t supposed to, but I want to know. I’ve been so sick of everyone leaving me out of everything lately.”

“Don’t think in any way that this is your fault, because its not. I know you like to think that these things are your fault, but they’re not.” he said to me. “I am upset about loosing the baby, yes, but its okay. Its okay because I still have you, and I couldn’t ask for anything better.” he said. I smiled at him and attacked him in a hug. “I have a date. October 1st, just two weeks. Two more weeks and you’ll be my official daughter.” he kissed my forehead softly. 

“Do you know why Harry left?” I asked him. He shook his head. “No one does, Anne said he needed some time away. Why didn’t he tell me?” I continued to ask.

“I don’t know. I don’t think he wanted to scare your or anything. But its okay, he knows what he’s doing. He’ll be back soon and he’ll be ready to be with you.”

****

THE 1D WATTY AWARDS ARE UP! GO VOTE FOR DAUGHTER DIRECTION UNDER THE USERNAME @1DWattyAwards NOW :) <333