025.

Punches and kicks were thrown as Geoff laid along the carpet, taking every hit without so much as a flinch. He couldn't have hit back. That was Awsten's dad, and he couldn't sever his relationship with Awsten over something like this.

So Geoff laid there, absorbing each punch and each kick into his bruising skin like it was nothing. Blood continued to pour into his mouth, and every so often he rolled his head over to spit it into the carpet fibers.

Yet suddenly, the punches stopped battering his body. Pain began to seep in as Geoff laid on the ground motionless. He blinked up and noticed Awsten's body, although he couldn't hear what he was saying. Blackness coated Geoff's vision like a large spiderweb, and the boy blacked out immediately.

Awsten was yelling, screaming, cursing, anything to get his father off of Geoff. Tears puddled in his eyes as he continued to scream, chasing his father away with words unfathomed to even Awsten himself. He scrambled back to Geoff's motionless body, weeping as he searched Geoff's pocket for his iPhone and began dialing 9-1-1.

————

"No! I have to be in the back of that FUCKING ambulance." The moon shone down on a particularly dreary scene. Awsten was bundled in a large hoodie and jeans, messing with the key ring of Geoff's car keys.

Blue and red lights bounced off the Knight's large estate. Police cars and a single ambulance were in the driveway, with officers and paramedics bustling around hastily.

"Sir, we understand the concern for your friend, but—" The paramedics were trying to make Awsten sit up front, away from Geoff's unresponsive body as they began trying to wake the boy up again.

Awsten was livid. He couldn't be separated with Geoff, not now and not ever. He needed to make sure the older boy was safe. He needed to make sure that he wasn't going to be seriously hurt, or die. "No, he is not just my friend. That's my boyfriend, the love of my fucking life! Now let me go back there, or I swear to God I'll—"

The paramedics finally obliged, pulling open the double doors and allowing the purple-haired boy into the ambulance.

Geoff's skin was milky white, something quite unusual for the Californian native. His eyes laid closed along his cheeks, while his lips were parted open to let in shallow breaths of air. An IV was already set in his hand, which was resting on top of his leg. He appeared as though he was already dead.

"G–Gee?" Awsten approaches Geoff motionless body, fingers trailing up the white linen fabric of the blanket. He rested his fingertips along the high planes of Geoff's cheeks, trembling as he let his fingers trail down the older boy's face. "C'mon Gee—" Awsten hiccuped as tears began flowing freely down his face, sniffling and letting out a halfhearted laugh. "—This isn't funny anymore, I'm really fucking worried about you."

A paramedic came into the back of the ambulance, glancing over Geoff's vitals and back towards Awsten. "We're going to have you take a seat over here, please." Awsten let the paramedic lead him back to a large plastic seat in the back.

The purple-haired boy watched as the paramedics continued checking his vitals, pumping medicine into Geoff's IV, and calling out random medical terms that Awsten couldn't make out if he tried. "H–how is he doing?" Awsten meekly mumbled to the male paramedic sitting to his right.

"He's stable. My partner and I suspect he suffered a cerebral oedema, which is just brain swelling. Once he's in the hospital, the doctor will conduct an MRI and decide on the best treatment option available." The paramedic stole a glance at Geoff's vitals and scratched at his growing stubble. "Only thing we can do is continue to give him fluids and medications through his IV."

Awsten simply nodded and sat back in his seat, watching as his knuckles turned white. He couldn't believe that something happened to Geoff because of him. He shouldn't have argued with his dad. He shouldn't have let Geoff get beaten on. He shouldn't have even been with him in the first place.

"Excuse me, do you have any contact with your fri—I mean your boyfriend's family? They need to be notified and at the hospital as soon as possible." The woman paramedic was speaking to Awsten as she pumped another shot of liquid into Geoff's IV tube.

Meekly, Awsten pulled Geoff's phone from his pocket, dialing Geoff's mother and holding the phone steadily up to his ear. "M–Mrs. Wigington?"

"Awsten, is everything alright? It's—" Geoff's mother paused, possibly to glance at the clock. "—1:34 in the morning."

Tears trickled down Awsten's face as his fingers knotted into the fabric of his sweatshirt. "Something has happened." He mumbled beneath his breath as anxiety flamed inside of his chest. "Something bad happened to Geoff. I need you and Amber to meet me at the hospital as soon as you can." Awsten felt his breath practically stop as they pulled into the emergency center of the hospital. "Please hurry."

————
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! Hope you've all had a kick ass year(:
I just want to say a MASSIVE thank you to everyone who constantly comments and bites my stories and chapters. It truly means the world to me to see people enjoy my writing as much as I do. As someone who's aspiration is to be an author, your support means the world to me, and for that I thank you.
Now, the new year is coming around. Please comment some stories you'd like for me to write (ex: sad gawsten, happy otto) because I'm in need of new material(:
Sorry for the long ass sappy paragraph
Love you guys(:
-Rilee