019.

Gee: be dressed and ready to go out aws(: I'll be by soon

Geoff sent that message approximately an two hours ago. Awsten was impatiently sitting on the edge of his bed, his foot tapping against the floor of his bedroom. It was a week later, and the bruising around his face and lips was now subsiding. The cuts had healed, but the larger bruises on his body still stuck out in purple and blue.

Awsten made sure to keep his body hidden, as he was dressed down in some black jeans, Geoff's purple and black sweater, and his favorite black creepers. His purple hair was messy as always, and a brand new purple and white necklace hung around his neck, courtesy of Geoff himself.

The young boy sighed slightly and glanced down at the clock on his phone, which read eight–thirty. If Geoff took any longer, he'd end up just crawling back into bed.

As soon as the thought entered his mind, the sound of the static intercom filled his bedroom with his mother's voice. "Aws, you have a visitor." The intercom shut off, and Awsten bounded downstairs excitedly.

Geoff stood near the door, admiring the interior of Awsten's foyer with eyes of wonder. His keys hung loosely in his palms as he finally came back to reality. He was looking extremely delicious to Awsten, wearing graphic muscle tank, white jacket, and his signature black jeans and boots. His lips curled as his eyes wandered Awsten's body, taking his bottom lip between his teeth as he did. "Stunning as always." He breathed as he pulled open the front door and held it for Awsten to walk out of.

If he bites his lip again, I might have to fuck him now, Awsten tried his best to calm his thoughts as a blush crept into his cheeks. "Says the one who looks better than I do." He felt Geoff's arm encompass his waist as they made their way back to Geoff's pickup truck.

It was their first proper date, you could say, even though they had spent every day since Monday together. It was the first time Geoff had decided to actually take Awsten out, which made the younger boy both extremely happy and extremely nervous.

"Hush, you always look gorgeous." Geoff murmured into Awsten's ear as he held the car door open, allowing the boy to hop inside. He made sure Awsten was all the way in before rushing to the driver's door, climbing in himself and beginning the drive to their destination. "So, where do you expect me to take you tonight?" Geoff asked as the car ride prolonged, glancing over and smiling at his date.

Awsten pushed his head into his hands and smiled as he thought. "Maybe a strip club—GOD I wish you would." He sighed dreamily and laughed as Geoff pushed his shoulder. "All jokes aside, I honestly have no clue."

"It'll be nice, so just hang tight Awsie." Geoff patted the younger boy's knee, making heat rise into his cheeks as Geoff's hand remained planted in its rightful spot.

————

"Oh god, a forest? You really must be trying to murder me." Awsten teased as he stared out the window of Geoff's truck, mesmerized by the passing trees and landscape.

Geoff laughed and felt his cheeks tinged in blush as he continued his steady driving down the narrow path. "C'mon Aws, I'm at least trying." He felt as though Awsten didn't like the idea of the date, which made nervousness flare inside his stomach. "Just a little longer."

Awsten waited patiently, letting his eyes shut and shield away the bright moonlight proudly showering the outskirts of Houston.

Geoff took this opportunity to glance over Awsten's features, practically falling for the way Awsten's long eyelashes brushed against his high cheeks. His lips were parted open slightly, letting in breaths of air every now and then. His eyes came back to the road, relieved when he saw the nearing parking area. He smoothly maneuvered the car down towards the parking lot, which was thankfully empty and free of prying eyes. He pushed the gear in park and gently touched Awsten's cheek, jolting the sleeping boy from his light slumber. "We're here, sleeping beauty."

Blushing, Awsten pushed Geoff's hand away and sat up in his seat, eyes scanning the horizon of his surroundings.

It was a beautiful and serene stretch of shoreline. Obviously it wasn't the beach, but it was a quaint stretch in front of a small lake. It was barren, except for a few birds perched along large stones. Trees lined the horizon, covering the shining moon as it twinkled along ripples waves. Awsten's jaw dropped slightly, his eyes lit with happiness and wonder. "This is...beautiful." He whispered, only being knocked out of his trance as Geoff pushed open his car door.

A bundle of something was located in Geoff's arms, wrapped up in a plaid blanket to mask its contents. "Come on." He waited for Awsten before beginning their descent to the shore front, rocks crackling like logs in a fire beneath their feet. "This place is really special, you know?" Geoff breathed as he paused in step, looking out over the rippling waters of the lake. "Whenever I first moved out here, I used to come out here, get high off my ass, and contemplate ending it all." His words packed a large punch, curving directly in Awsten's stomach. "I haven't been here since I started talking to you though." He set the bundle onto the rocks, untying the top knot and revealing a picnic basket and two pairs of swimming shorts.

Awsten's eyes flared wildly as he saw the shorts. Oh god, he expects me to change in front of him. "D–do we really have to swim, Gee? Isn't the water a little too cold to swim?"

"No, it's perfect to swim." Geoff fluffed out the plaid blanket and laid it along a bewildering stretch of grass in the middle of rocks. "Come on, I won't look Aws."

But the thing is that cuts littered above and below Awsten's hips. They were like a storybook, showing a fairytale with an unhappy ending. He could visualize it now: the scars would peak over the waistband and Geoff would cry, because of stupid things Awsten did.

Anxiety crept in as Geoff held out the swim trunks, raising an eyebrow at him. "What do you have to lose, Aws?"

Awsten swallowed as he took the trunks from Geoff's open palm, feeling himself begin to sweat. I have you to lose now.

————

Holy shit this story hit 1000 reads I'm???
Thank you guys so so much!
Jade and I have many many more stories planned for you all soon(:
Give us some ideas down below!

-Rilee