022.

Geoff was fast asleep, mostly due to the medication he had told Awsten to give to him. He was curled up in his blankets, eyes shut and lips parted open to let in puffs of oxygen in.

The purple-haired boy was pacing slowly, walking around Geoff's room and picking up different figurines to keep his hands occupied. His mind was alive as he thought about the scene that had happened.

Geoff had never told him of any psychological diagnosis, but the bottle of medication made it quite obvious. Awsten should have taken into consideration what exactly had happened to Geoff anyway. He pinched his arm slightly, hurting himself for pushing Geoff over the edge. You should've been thinking, idiot. Geoff can't handle things like this, now look what you did to him.

A knock on the door rocked Awsten out of his thoughts, causing him to snap up and see Geoff's mother standing in the threshold. "Well–Hello Awsten, is Geoff alright?"

Awsten swallowed as his eyes cast over to Geoff's sleeping form, his arms beginning to anxiously pick at themselves. "He-—We were hanging out, and he freaked out..." His first sentence trailed off as he sniffled, feeling the onset of tears begin to well in his eyes. "He was screaming, crying, everything. He told me to get his medicine and I did, so now he's sleeping." Awsten turned back towards his mother, feeling the tears dripping onto his bare chest as sobs racked his body. "I'm so sorry—I didn't mean to do anything, Ms. Wigington I promise you!"

Awsten felt Geoff's mother's arms wrap around his body as they stood, holding each other tightly. "You didn't do anything wrong, Awsten. None of what is wrong with Geoff is your fault, and I think he'd tell you the same thing if he were up right now." Geoff's mother pulled away, a sad smile on her lips as she rubbed Awsten's back soothingly. "I think it's best if you go ahead and head home, I can give you a ride if you need me to."

"Don't worry, it's not a long walk from here." Awsten gave her a sympathetic smile, took one last glance at Geoff as he pulled a shirt over his body, and quickly exited the house.

So maybe he had lied to Geoff's mom. It was just about five miles back to Awsten's house, and the sun was beginning to dip in the horizon. Dusk shone along the tree line, and Awsten's kept his arms around him as he walked down the bush streets of downtown Houston.

Hookers, drunks, druggies, anything you could think of were crowding the streets, and Awsten wished he would've taken Geoff's mother's offer by now. But it was far too late to go back now.

People bumped Awsten on all sides, and all he could do was mumble an 'I'm sorry' beneath his breath and trudge on.

Soon, the moon shown proudly up in the sky. Neon signs to bars and clubs flickered to life, signaling the beginning of what natives called 'happy hour.' Awsten noticed the drunks walking out of bars with tumblers clutched in their grasp, causing beer to spill all over his shoes. He quickened his pace, shrugging Geoff's jacket closer to his body as he practically flew down the street.

That's when his body collided with another, sending him straight into a puddle of spilled alcohol on the street. Awsten's head spin as he sat himself up, fingers touching the top of his head as he glanced up to see who he had hit.

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry man." A muscular arm was extended towards Awsten, and Awsten took notice of the extensive tattoo sleeve covering the person's arm.

Awsten tentatively took the hand of whoever offered and felt them practically pick himself up from the ground. He was soaking wet and smelled of bad vodka, which only made his stomach churn even more than it already was. Awsten hated alcohol more than anything, and this was just the cherry on top to his already terrible day.

"Shit, you're soaked—uh how about I make this a little better and—" Please don't offer me alcohol, please. "—let me make it up to you somehow." The man in front of him couldn't have been any older than Awsten, maybe by just a few years. His arms were sculpted and muscled, matched with an equally sculpted chin of facial hair. His eyebrows say hooded along his eyes, giving his face a look of mystery. "I'm Zech, by the way." His lips lit up with a smile as he shoved his fists into the pocket of his jacket, glancing out around the crowd. "What has you out here on a Wednesday? You don't seem like the type to get piss drunk."

"I'm just walking home." Awsten sputtered on his words as a cold wind ripples through the streets and sent tendrils of chilling air through his body. "Guess I took the wrong path, huh?" He laughed nervously and flicked his eyes around, noticing a couple currently having sex inside an alleyway.

Zech chuckled softly under his breath, pushing an unlit cigarette between his lips and flicking open his lighter. "I could give you a ride, if you really need it." Coils of smoke floated from between Zech's lips as he tapped the end of his cigarette with his index finger. "You never did give me your name."

Awsten glanced around nervously, his hands picking instinctively at his skin. He shouldn't be getting involved with someone who he didn't even know, but at this point, he wanted to get home as quickly as possible. "I'm Awsten, and I'd really fucking appreciate the ride home."

"Good choice." Fishing his keys from his pocket, Zech led Awsten to a parking lot near an opened bar. His car was a sleek, black Audi, with golden chrome encompassing the wheels. The lights flicked to life as Zech unlocked the car, holding the door opened to Awsten before climbing in himself. "So, how old are you exactly, Awsten?" Zech's deep voice echoed through the car as he slowly backed out of the parking space, keeping his eyes steady on the road and listening to the directions Awsten was giving him.

Awsten chewed his fingernails practically to the end as his gaze remained steadily out of the window. What the fuck was he thinking, just climbing into a random stranger's car? "I just turned seventeen not too long ago. What about you?" His voice sounded shaky as he stole a glance at Zech's figure. His jaw wasn't the sharpest, but it was just visible enough to notice. He was a beautiful man, but not as beautiful as Geoff.

"Eighteen." His response shocked Awsten. He appeared so much older than he actually was. His thick beard along his chin signaled to the younger boy that he was at least twenty. "I know, I look old, but all I am is a senior."

"How do you get into bars then? You aren't even old enough to drink." Awsten realized how he sounded like a nagging mother, making him regret the words as soon as they left his lips.

Zech's lips curled into a soft smile as his car pulled up along the curb of Awsten's giant estate. "Because, Awsten Knight, whenever you look as mature and hot as I do, old men love to buy you as many drinks as you want." He clicked the unlock button on his car, signalling to Awsten that the conversation was over. "I'll see you at school, Knight."

————

AWSTEN DOING A PODCAST READING FAN FICTION. IF PEOPLE TWEET HIM A LINK TO MINE I'LL UPDATE A SHIT TON TODAY. ALSO IF YOU ACTUALLY TWEET A LINK TO MY FIC PLEASE @ ME MY TWITTER IS (cravingawsten) SOMEONE ACTUALLY TWEET HIM MY LINK PLS
-Rilee