Chapter 3

'Sleeping is my escapism' When the day gets tough and shit gets to my head, I sleep, partly because a person while sleeping is half dead and partly because I being extremely poor, homeless, let alone parent-less had nothing to do, in my whole life.I had slept on park benches before, people on their 'morning walks' or the birds chirping never bothered me.I was fully in content, savouring the sweet sleep, never wanting to wake up. Although I was drowning in the sweet state of satisfaction, which I didn't get to feel much, was disturbed by an unusual force on my bare shoulder, pushing me back and forth. I hurriedly opened my eyes. Sunlight hit them and gave a sensation of burning. I spontaneously exclaimed with terror "WHAT THE FUCK?" that's when I saw Issac, standing in front of me, kneeling down to my face, and smiling softly.

Three things rushed my mind as he woke me up: 1. Why is he waking me up? 2. Why is he smiling at me? 3. What the fuck was he thinking while choosing that outfit?
I mean khaki pants and a white short sleeve t-shirt with a hazel brown sleeveless blazer? Does his mom pick out his clothes?

"Good morning" he finally spoke while smiling.

"Hey!" i replied, rubbing my eyes

I got up and sat at the bench making space for him because clearly he wasn't leaving any time soon. He brought his hand towards me and handed me a cup of coffee as he sat down. He brought me coffee? I thought to myself. I took it at once. I held the cup with both of my hands, resting it in between my knees, the cup was hot. I still wasn't able to open my eyes completely when he said:

"You know how strange it is to see a girl sleeping on a park bench at 9'o clock in the morning?"

"I dont care about what goes around in peoples heads" I spat

"You are one crazy chick!" he said while shaking his head.

I took another sip of my coffee and started staring the grass, to be honest I didn't know Issac at all. I wasn't even his friend, I only wanted pizza so I stuck around him. We literally had nothing to talk about. The silence was so awkward. I finally busted out asking him:

"Okay, I can't put my finger on the actual reason why you're here so.. sup man?"

"I dont exactly understand your question" he was smiling from the right corner of his mouth.

"Oh shut up! you know!" I glared at him

"Okay fine!" he admitted,
"I was hoping you could tell me where Ashley might be" he asked

I exhaled sharply shaking my head

"God Issac! cant you even pretend to be my friend?" I giggled.

He looked down and giggled a bit and turned to me and stated

"She wanted to get high last night and I told her no, because Im clean, so she said 'cool, whatever' and went away, I thought she'd be with you"

"No man, I turned her down so she came to you" I was starting to get worried now.

He silently nodded.

"Call her up maybe?" I suggested

"Tried that, She wont pick up" he told

"Look buddy, I know you have a crush on her and all, but she right now is somewhere we dont know.." I started

"So?" he asked calmly "She always gets through right?"

"Dude! what kind of a lover are you? THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE IS MISSING!!" I was starting to panic now.

"Okay, look girlie. I know I have a crush on her, and I want to help you, but my shift starts in like 5 minutes, so least I can help is offer you my car" he brought his keys to my face "Okay, drive around town, try to find her, and let me know."

"You're such a bastard!" I exclaimed with anger and got up.