Chapter 5

Hitting stones on the broken footpaths. I went from alley to alley, searching for Ashley. Was I really finding her? or was I searching myself? I wandered all day, crying,wiping my tears but they just kept falling down.I was sobbing, my existence was a joke, my own creators had dumped me, my 'parents' did'nt need me, they gave me away, away to this cold world, with no one to care about me, No one to look after me. I wondered the meaning of my 'life' as I walked, I didn't even know what I was missing, What I was trying to find. Was I trying to seek happiness? A miracle? Satisfaction? Peace? Whatever it was, it seemed as if it was hiding from me. I checked the time, it was half past four. I couldn't feel my legs, so I decided to take a break from all the walking and sat down in an alley.I rested my back against a dirty dumpster and pulled out my last cigarette, I cupped my hand around the lighter to protect the flame as the wind could blow it out. I took a small drag at it, my vision was still blurry, I decided to reminisce about the better days I had with my step-parents.How I had won a trophy at school at the age of 7 and they were so happy and they told me how much I meant to them, but all of the warmth I got from their memory was gone, they were lying, they lied to me all the time. thinking that, I started crying harder, when I noticed an awkward shadow drawing near my feet.

I looked up and saw three guys, real tall, they smelt like sweat and cigarettes. The one in front had two other on each side, as if he was some leader. He wore a tank-top which was in some other life, White, his baggy pants were black with little white skulls on it. I couldn't recognize them. He then said in an Australian accent:

"Hey girlie! if you got nothing to offer, get off my block"

I literally had nothing to offer, I was hiding my tears by wearing my black hood which was covering some of my face. I got up instantly cause I didn't want any trouble. He was smiling at me, his front tooth was knocked out and his head was shaved to an ugly extent. I walked past their little gang, when I heard a whispered conversation, which was too loud to be called a whisper.

"Hey bro! lets just drug her and take her to the casa kris" Casa means home in Spanish, welldone kris.

"Nah man! She looks miserable, let's roll"

And their voices faded as I walked away, I decided to go and wash my tears away, I saw a Japanese restaurant, I walked in and was greeted by a short Japanese guy, he put his hands together and knelt a bit, saying " Konnichiwa" I did the same as him and asked him where the bathroom was, he pointed towards it with his finger. The bathroom had white tiles, the white lights were so bright, the whole room felt like it was gonna go ultra-violet soon, I turned the tap, clean water rushed into my hands, I washed my face, After getting rid of all the tears, I took two deep breathes, I felt relieved and relaxed, I walked out of there and headed back to my block.

I finally reached the pizza-place and the first thing that caught my eye was Jason sitting at the top of Issac's sedan. Its not a place to sit. He had Rebbeca sitting next to him, she had wrapped her arms around him while he was sitting expressionlessly, looking down, suddenly he looked up and saw me staring him, a sudden smirk appeared on his face, and he turned, held Rebbeca's face and started kissing her, she didn't even seem to want to but they kissed hard, passionate it seemed.

I shrugged my shoulders and diverted my attention to my friend Leo who was in a 'graffeti competion' with another guy from next block. Everyone was cheering for Leo and even though, the other guy did a better job we all agreed that Leo won,cause friends help friends you know. I was still looking at the brick wall when i heard a voice outta nowhere saying:

"Pda huh? I turned to look who it was, and to my surprise, it was Ashley. She was eating skittles, looking at the brick wall, standing next to me.

"it's pretty cool ,tho" she said with a mouthful of chewed material, I was shocked, she had been missing, I was thinking I might not find her. She looked at me and offered her packet, I punched her on the shoulder and pulled her in for a hug.

"I was so worried, you were lost!" I told

"umm.. no... Im fine.." she felt uncomfortable and freed herself from my hug.I was hurt, sort of,

"But I had been looking for you whole day and.."

Our attention was diverted by a voice saying "Hey Jason! wanna join?" Jason jumped from the top of the car and landed on the ground, he pulled off the stunt successfully, Leo threw a spray-can at him which he caught from a distance, another successful stunt. He walked to the wall, shaking the can violently, He opened the can and threw the lid on the ground, he started writing something, all eyes were glued to the wall. He stepped back from the wall and turned with a smile, there was satisfaction spread all over his face. He had written "Do you really know me?" It was amazing, the way he had done it, but I kept wondering what he meant by it.

"Ugh! whatever, hey! I know a cheap motel down the street, wanna come?" Ashley asked me

I was aroused by the way Ashley had not screamed about his 'perfection' I was shocked, she always used to tell me that she loves him, why not now?

"Yeah sure! but you're gonna pay right?" I asked her. I was very curious though.

"Of course" she told
We went to the motel and had a sound sleep.