Chapter 21

My heart was pounding inside my chest, terror and silence filled the car. I looked over to Jason, beads of sweat formed on his forehead. I silently prayed to God for help. I looked in the rearview mirror to catch a glimpse of the man sitting in the backseat, he was loading his gun, the next thing I knew he put his gun on my waistline.

"What you looking at?" his gruff voice asked

I gasped then lost my breath, I felt the adrenaline rush. I was struggling to fathom the juncture, when Jason twisted the man's arm, showing too much agility, he grabbed the gun and wrenched it from his hand, unloaded it, then spoke

"I am following the car, ain't I?" he frowned, the veins of his neck bulging.

The black man mumbled something, Jason handed him the emptied gun, he restarted the car.

"You alright?" his raspy voice asked, he put his hand on my shoulder. His hazel brown eyes had never looked at me like this before, there was so much concern in them.

I nodded nervously, he continued following the car, everything seemed so unusual, I coaxed myself to calm down, 'it's just a dream' I convinced myself. I plopped my head on the seat, avoiding to look in the mirror.

The car in front of us finally stopped at a derelict house,

"Yo boy follow me" the man said while getting out of the car.

'Boy? what about me?'

"Okay look Ronnie I need you to sit here" he told me, unfastening his seatbelt
"Just trust me, it's gonna be okay" he added, taking my cheeks in the palms of his hands.

I nodded, I was so confused, everything was blur. He caressed my cheek with his thumb for a second then rushed out of the car.
It seemed like a vexing nightmare, I closed my eyes tightly, hoping to wake up soon.

A loud thunder rumbled, making me hop on my seat. 'definitely a nightmare' I concluded. Dark clouds covered the sky, lighting and thundering was followed by a little shower of rain. I brainstormed
'I didn't hear any gun shots, so probably he's alive, or maybe they stabbed him, No, he's a clever boy, he'll be alive, maybe they're coming for me..' I gasped and whirled. I locked all the doors.

Two hours passed, he hadn't returned. I was pretty sure he's dead when I saw a figure step outside of the house and walk towards the car.
It was Jason, and for the first time I was so deeply pleased to see him, an unintentional smile expressed my triumph. I got out of the car, he came to me and before I could say anything he spoke

"They want to see you"

"Who? What? Why me?" I asked, panicking.

"Just follow my lead" he said, expressionless.

I shook my head, I didn't understand what he meant.

"I need you to go with the flow" he said, holding my hand gently. He began walking, forcing me to walk with him. "And wipe that frown off of your face"

'Go with the flow!! What?' I screamed inside my head.
We walked to the abandoned house, it was old and damaged, probably waiting to be demolished. An old man sat on a big sofa, with the two me by his side, seemingly. He wore thick gold chains around his neck. He was smoking a cigar. His fingers were loaded with gold rings, precious stones glittered in the dim interior.

We stopped at a reasonable distance from the man. Jason was still holding my hand. I was so overwhelmed, in a negative way.

"Is that her?" the old man spoke. His heavy voice gave me chills.

"Yes sir" Jason replied

''sir?' what the hell?'

"Dear to you, you say?" old man spoke with smoke rushing out of his mouth.

"Very, sir" Jason told him

'Are they talking about me?'

I looked at Jason wide eyed, confused. He squeezed my hand, signaling me, go with the flow.

"I request you to to step forward, young lady" the man ordered

My heart skipped a beat, my head turned towards Jason, questioning him what to do. He nodded and let my hand go.
I nervously walked closer to the man. I looked back at Jason, he was still standing there, it gave me hope for some unknown reason.

"Sit down" he ordered
There was no chair or anything so I had to sit down on the dirty floor.
"How long do you say, have you known this boy?" he said pointing at Jason

At first I struggled for words then responded
"Five years" which was true, the first time I saw him, I was twelve and he was thirteen years old, and now I'm seventeen.

"Infatuation, I suppose?" he said blowing smoke on my face

I coughed not because of the smoke, but instead I needed time to process an answer.

"Unexplainable, my love for him is unintelligible" I said, making it sound passionate.

"Elaborate your loyalty to him, can you?" he asked, shaking the ashes off from his cigar

"Elaboration? I apologize for I am unable to express my faithfulness by mere words" I stated sarcastically, I was mocking Jason, and I knew how Jason and I were the only ones in that room, to find this insulting.

"Good, because sincerity is what this world lacks" he spoke, blowing the smoke out of his nose. "And I do not tend to bear unfaithful fleshes, you know what misfortune struck my wife?"
I shook my head.
He signalled one of the men, who then explained

"Mr's Costello was chopped to pieces and discarded, her body parts were discovered in a bag, after eight months" he spoke, eloquently.

"Thank you, Doug" old man spoke

"Holy Fuck" I mouthed, I was now even more scared of this man.

He patted my head and said "Sincerity is a must" then signalled Jason, with his hand, to come over.
Jason came and stood next to me, he put his arm around my waist.

"I suppose I'll see you tomorrow Mr McCann" He said smiling.

Jason led me to the exit, holding me firmly.
I looked at him wide eyed.

"I'll explain everything when we get home" he whispered in my ear.
------------------------------------------------------------
HEY GUYS I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. I MEAN HOW LONG IS IT!!
VOTE AND COMMENT :)