Chapter 3: The Tables Turn

Zen's POV

I smirked, holding the knife. "I think I'll keep this," I said, putting it in my backpack.

The Umbreon sighed, obviously knowing it was defeated. I gave it a waffle, but it threw it into the road. I sighed.

"How DARE you try to poison me with your human foods?!" it accused. I glared at it.

"It was just a plain old waffle!" I said. "Nothing poisonous about it!!"

"Why do you hate humans so much?" asked Lily.

Darkness' POV

Why do I hate humans?

A while back...

I had just hatched. I looked into the eyes of my Trainer, a young girl. I smiled, knowing we would be best friends for life.

And we were.

No matter where we went or who we faced, our friendship helped us win. Even against the Champion, we won. Twice.

Life was perfect.

Then, it happened.

My Trainer was super happy for some reason, practically rushing to the Day Care. I was confused. Why were we here?

I then saw an egg. An Eevee egg. I was so happy. I was getting a younger brother/sister!

I ran up to the egg and hugged it gently. I thought we would be best friends, and life would be perfect.

But I was wrong.

My Trainer did nothing but nothing without the newly hatched Eevee. Soon, she had forgotten about me. Knowing I was no longer needed, I destroyed my Pokeball and left.

Now

Zen's POV

I looked at Darkness, who seemed like he might cry. I sighed and sat down. Lily looked at him sadly. I realized I was sitting here, in front of one of the most dangerous Pokemon ever, and I was watching him cry.

"Alright," I said, "you can stay here."

"I...wasn't asking to..." he said, sounding somewhat feminine.

"Shut up and stay."

"It's all right with me," said Lily.

Darkness sighed. "Fine," he said, "I'll stay." He sat near the edge of the bush. "Not like I have anywhere else to stay."

"Oh, you'll LOVE it here!" Lily said enthusiastically. "This bush is part of a square of bushes surrounding a tree, so no Trainer can enter!"

"...do other Pokemon live in these bushes?" asked Darkness.

"Yup!" said Lily. "There are 12 bushes here, and each one has at least one Pokemon!"

I stuck my head out of our bush and looked around. The place seemed deserted, but these bushes seemed a lot bigger on the inside.

"We live between a family of Misdreavous and a Caterpie and Weedle," explained Lily.

I looked back in to see Darkness looking out in the direction of the path. With his knife, he was an unstoppable killing machine. However, I kinda took it from him, so he was just another ordinary Umbreon.

I decided to take a walk around here, since no other Trainer in existence could.

Lily's POV

"Can I tell you a secret?" asked Darkness. I nodded. Darkness whispered something into my ear and I jumped up in surprise.

"Really?!" I asked. Darkness nodded.

"Don't tell anyone," he said.

I looked him straight in the eye. "I won't."

Darkness smiled a little. I gave him a waffle. He looked at it, sniffed it, then cautiously ate it. I smiled cutely.