Bouquet?

Khushi sighed as she heard her doorbell ring for the umpteenth time. She didn't have the energy to get up, but she had to.

"Coming. Stop ringing the bell!"

She stumbled towards the door, but before opening it she tried fixing her messed up state. The dry tears on her face and the drool from her mouth had to be rubbed off her shirt as of now. She opened the door soon after, but there was no one there. 

He must've left after ringing the bell for so long.

She was about to close the door when her gaze settled on the pretty roses that were put near her door. It a full bouquet of red roses with some white roses popping in between. It was beautiful.

But who must've put these here?

Khushi rubbed her head, but then just thought about how pretty they looked. It definitely made her feel better after yesterday's drama. 

"Chalo, where should I keep these?"

She decided to settle them on her dining table because they were a sight to see. Whoever sent them spent a lot of money on it, but who might it be?

Khushi headed for the bathroom, but the ring of her phone made her pause. 
Who must it be now?

"Hello? Yes Anjali di, how are you? Yes, I'm fine! Wait, what?!? Ok sure. I'll be there in 20 minutes. Bye."

Why did my parents go to the Raizada mansion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Khushi knocked on the door and waited for the doors to be open by Anjali, but to her surprise, it was HP who opened it. It shouldn't be a surprise because this was his job, but usually, Anjali was the one to welcome her inside.

She walked towards the living room after giving a courteous smile to HP. Now the scene that was in front of her was shocking. One one side of the room there was Nani, Mami, and her mother giggling like school girls. Then there was Anjali, Akash, and Aditiya laughing on the other side. However, the most shocking part was him.

He was sitting right next to her father and laughing/agreeing along to what he was saying. Arnav Singh Raizada and laughing was like...like...for some reason she couldn't compare his laughter to anything. It was just very rare.

She cleared her throat so someone would notice her, but she failed to grab their attention. She cleared it again, but this time loudly. This time Aditiya noticed her.

"Look who finally shows up. My favorite sister, Khushi Gupta! Come here sis!"

Khushi walked towards Aditiya's open arms and giggled at his words. She got a peek of Arnav's expressions, but there was no anger there. He was relaxed. Khushi walked towards her parents and hugged them both. "Look at you both! You didn't bother to show up at my house and I find out from Di that you're here."

They both looked at each other and laughed. "We couldn't control ourselves. Anyways we hadn't met them since a very long time. We met you like a few months ago."

Khushi couldn't muster an angry expression because of their innocent faces. She turned around and tried finding an available seat, but the only available seat was near Arnav. 

"Khushi sit down now. You're taking so much time picking a seat.", her mom laughed.

Khushi grumbled lowly and stomped towards the only available seat. She maintained the farthest distance that she could keep. 

"It's ok Khushi, I don't bite."

Khushi sharply turned towards him, "I know, you do worse. You torture people."

She saw his grim smirk turn into a defeated expression, but that was for a second.

"I also know how to love someone, you know. And once I grab someone's hand, I never let go. Never."

Khushi felt his hand grabbing hers and she couldn't stop, but tear up. 

Why is he doing this?

She snatched her hand away and focused on what the younger trio was talking about. She glanced at the person sitting next to her and was very disturbed by the fact that he was very relaxed. It was as if he knew something that she didn't.

Khushi looked at the everyone around her and they all seemed happy, carefree. On the other hand, there was a raging storm in her mind. She was confused, happy, emotional, sad, and frustrated all at the same time. Confused as to why everyone was happy, was she missing out on something funny? Happy because seeing her whole family together after a long time made her heart swell. Emotional because she is Khushi, and Khushi is always emotional. Sad because she wished she could genuinely take part in everything that was going around her, but her mind was stuck on one thing. Frustrated because let me repeat, her mind was stuck on one thing, Arnav. She felt all of his movements because he had purposely pushed himself closer to her and this was really annoying her. 

"What are you thinking?"

Speak of the devil...

"Kuch bhi nayi"

"Khushi, you look lost in your own little tiny head."

She turned towards him, "So why bother disturbing me?"

Arnav smirked, "It's my job. Waise I need to talk to you about something."

Khushi looked into his eyes, something seemed off. 

"I don't want to talk to you at all!"

"Well, you will have to because it is important."

Khushi huffed, she turned towards the rest of the group and then finally got up and sat near Anjali. Even with no space on the couch, she made some space for herself on the ground.

She looked at Arnav and rolled her eyes.

I will never talk to you.

Arnav tilted his head and raised one of his eyebrows.

"Khushi, remember that file I gave you a while ago to keep in my closet I really need it now and I can't find it anywhere."

Khushi widened her eyes.

Liar.

"Aunty please tell her to help me find it."

Garima looked towards Khushi, "Go, help him. Vichara kitne pyar se puch raha hai."

"Maa I'm tired and I don't feel like getting up."

"Should I pick you up?", Arnav chuckled.

Garima laughed at two, "Stop quarreling and go help him Khushi."

Khushi huffed, once again, she couldn't say no to her mom.

"Fine."

Why is he a manipulative ass?

She marched upstairs with Arnav tailing behind her. Right before she walked into his bedroom she turned towards him, "What do you really want? Just speak to me here."

"Let's go somewhere private. Like my room!"

"No."

"Khushi don't force me to push you inside."

"As if you will"

He's an ass Khushi. Of course, he will push you in.

"Don't test me Khushi."

"Fine."

Arnav walked behind her and closed the door behind her.

"I want to apologize for what I did to you yesterday. I want to apologize to you for what I did to you weeks ago, months ago, and years ago. Sorry."

Khushi's eyes widened, did she really hear him apologize?

However, she soon realized that he has done this drama before and now he's doing the same thing.