"Moving"- 8

~"If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet"~

..............................................................

"Khushi? What are you doing?"

Anjali was frozen outside of Khushi's bedroom. Shock written all over her face.

"Why are you packing? Where are you going?"

Anjali took quick quick steps towards Khushi.

Its now or never...

"Di im moving out. I finally got my own place and i thought i should just start packing"

"What? You're moving out? Why? Did someone say something to you? Did Arnav say-"

Khushi cut off Anjali before she could finish her sentence.

"No di, no one said anything to me. I just thought its a good time to move out. I can't stay here forever."

Anjali wasn't convinced.
"Khushi this is your home too. You don't have to go. "

Khushi looked down at her hands and turned around towards her luggage again.

"Di please try to understand!"

Anjali still wasn't convinced, but she knew she couldn't change her mind. Khushi was very stubborn like Arnav. Once she sought out to do something, she never looked back.

"Ok. I give up. However i have one condition- wait make that 2, actually i have 3 conditions."

Khushi smiled at her best friend / sister.

"Whatever you say Mrs.Jha."

"Ok firstly, you're gonna let me help you out with the packing. Secondly, you're gonna let me help with the house too. Thirdly, you better come over or invite us over every weekend!"

Khushi pretended to think about and then laughed.

"Yes ma'am! I agree to all your conditions."

"Well then, let me help you finish this packing."

Right when Anjali started helping Khushi, hariprakash came in.

"Didi ji, Shyam bhaiya is here. He is asking for you."

Anjali blushed in front of Khushi.
"Let me just see what he needs, I'll be right back."

Khushi giggled. "Of course, go see what your husband needs and leave me here to pack."

Anjali lightly pushed Khushi's head.
"Dramaqueen"

Khushi stood in her room, watching Anjali leave.

I didn't want to leave di, but as always his words affect me.

*Flashback.

Khushi was sitting in her cabin, thinking about how the busy she had been this week. She was busy because not only was she assigned to be Arnav's "girlfriend", but she was also working for him as the financial advisor.

Khushi needed a job and she couldn't work for another company if Arnav was her "boyfriend". So she convinced Arnav to hire her. It was so hard to convince him, but she knew he couldn't say no.

She looked at her watch, it was almost 1 a.m. She didn't even realize it had been 5 hours since she was working on her files.

When she was finally done with her work, she got out of her cabin and went towards Arnav's cabin. She decided to leave the files on Arnav's desk, thinking that Arnav wasn't here. However, when she entered his cabin Arnav was on his laptop.