Meeting -4

1 week later...

It had been 1 week since Khushi and Arnav's encounter in the kitchen. Khushi still remembers what Arnav accused of her and how they covered it up in front of the person who was watching them.

*Flashback

...but, he noticed someone standing to his left.

"Chote. Khushi. Why are you guys shouting? Chote she came back such after such a long time and you are yelling at her?"

Arnav looked at Khushi while speaking, "Di, I was just telling her that she shouldn't promise to do something when she can't"

Khushi realized he was talking about something else.

"I promised to make him jalebis, but I couldn't reach the flour...so.."

Khushi indicated towards the flour that was on the floor and some that landed on Arnav's jacket.

"Oh. So you guys weren't talking about.."

"Di I'm tired so I'm going to my room, send a coffee to my room"

Arnav left without finishing the conversation.

*End of Flashback

Khushi hadn't seen the arrogant laad governor since then. He left for work early in the morning and came late at night, so they never crossed each other's path.

Good, I don't want to see his face anyways!

Khushi knew she was only saying that to make herself feel better. The truth was Khushi was craving to see him and hear him say her name. However, she wouldn't admit the truth or that would mean she forgave him. Which she didn't.

Khushi jumped a little when she heard her phone go off.

"Hello"

"Hi Ms. Gupta, this is A.R. Industries and I just wanted to remind you that you have a meeting with us in an hour. Please be on time, boss doesn't like to wait"

"I'll be on time! Thank you!"

How will i ignore him in his office? Please Devi Maiyaa help!

--------------------------------------

"Hi I have a meeting here today. Can you please tell me which room to go to?"

"Khushi Gupta right? Ok just go upstairs to boss's cabin and he'll direct you towards the conference room"

Khushi nodded. She didn't know who the boss was.

Was the boss Arnav? Akash? or some manager?

Khushi went upstairs and knocked on the cabin. After a few minutes, she opened the door to find a couple sucking each other's faces.

She cleared her voice to interrupt them, but it didn't work.

This is a darn office, how are they doing this here?

"Excuse me, I'm Ms.Gupta. I have a meeting with your company today?"

Khushi was looking at the floor the whole time while talking. However, when she saw looked up she saw Arnav and some model like girl standing near their desk.

So Arnav is the boss who doesn't like waiting?

Arnav's hair was a mess and he had lipstick all over his face. Whereas, the girl looked like a mess too.

"Don't you know how to knock?"

Khushi was shocked, but not surprised.

I should be used to walking in on Arnav...doing...

"I knocked a couple of times. Time is precious and I don't have time to wait. So if you are done with your shenanigans, can we start the meeting? You have to direct me towards the conference room."

Arnav had a shocked look on his face , but it was there for less than a second.

"You can direct yourselves towards the room"

"Well I would if I knew where it was! The receptionist told me you would take me to the room. Well if you don't have time then we can cancel this meeting and this deal"

Arnav glared at Khushi. Then he turned towards the model and kissed her on the cheek while looking at Khushi.

He walked towards Khushi while fixing his tie and shirt. "Let's go!"

They walked to the elevator and stood there in awkward silence. Arnav glanced at Khushi a few times to see her reaction. He was surprised to see her unaffected.

*Flashback

"Arnav let's go..."

Arnav backed away from the girl he had in his arms. He turned around to see a shocked Khushi standing near the door.

"Who...is she?"

"Khushi it's not what it looks like trust me!"

He couldn't believe he messed up. He rushed towards Khushi, but she flinched. He couldn't believe she was backing away from his touch.

"Khushi please believe me!", his voice was breaking when he saw tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Khushi please don't go!"

*End of flashback

He didn't know Khushi was coming to his office. He wouldn't have done...

Arnav wasn't usually like this in office. He was just very frustrated with his confrontation with Khushi from a week before. His so called girlfriend helped him forget her for awhile. He couldn't believe he let things get out of control. He didn't know why he kissed her on the cheek.

You did it to make Khushi jealous.

Arnav walked out of the elevator with Khushi right behind him.

When they got near the room Khushi looked towards Arnav.

"Before going in, I just want to say that I am very professional. I take my job seriously, and I would like if you take your job seriously too! Now wipe off that lipstick on your lips and neck so we can start the meeting"

Arnav was startled as he started wiping down his face. Khushi noticed how he was getting nowhere. She got her compact mirror out of her bag and gave it to him. He was shocked at how she was acting, but he didn't let it show on his face.

She didn't care. She didn't want an explanation. Leave her alone.

"Whatever let's go"

They walked inside to have their awkward meeting.

................................

Hey guys! I'm back peeps. Finally got time to update. Hope you like it .

Check my other story out "Arnav & Khushi Short Stories"

i just updated it!