Chapter 57: At Jack's

A/N: Usual disclaimer: I own nothing.

I hope that if anyone reads this and is still interested then you enjoy it.

I'm just sorry it's taken me so long.

___________________________________

They were in a triangle shape, each backed against the other, wands raised and alert, clever eyes watchful as they entered into Snape Manor. No one moved as they searched the surrounding area of the Great Hall they had entered.

"She'll use any and all means," Lucifer spoke calmly. "We stick together, for she'll use each of us against the other."

"It's just like old times," mused Lucius with dry amusement.

"Then let's use the original word," Snape spoke softly.

Lucius lifted an eyebrow as he remembered the word they had agreed on many years before. It was a word only they knew and they had used it many times at meetings; for when hooded and cloaked all the Deatheaters had looked the same.

"I'm not privy to that," Lucifer said dryly. "Too young and stupid I believe was your answer to my demands to be told, brother."

"Indeed you were." Lucius smirked but his cold eyes were watchful as they still stood in a close group.

"Listen." Lucius moved sideways, his eyes never leaving the part of the room he faced. He spoke softly, so softly that not even Snape could hear, but Lucifer heard well and snorted.

"Well, well, and here was I thinking it was something actually intelligent."

"To fifteen year olds it was," Snape smirked quietly. "Let's move forwards; the view here is rather boring."

"She's pre-empted us here," Lucifer said suddenly. "And I don't like it."

"You had plans?" Snape asked as they began to move carefully through the hall.

"Of course, nice, bloody ones that would lead right back to her and far from us," Lucius said and a hint of impatience coloured his voice. "Inconsiderate of her to ruin things."

"Damned inconsiderate," agreed Lucifer.

"Oh, but I disagree, Lucifer my dear," came a cold high voice. All three of them froze as they searched for Odile.

Part of the tapestry at the end of the hall seemed to shimmer slightly as Odile moved forwards, loosing the glamour spell that had cloaked her against the wall.

"Smoothly done," Snape said quietly. The curl of hate that had formed deep in his gut began to unfurl and grow as he watched his sister step forwards.

"Inconsiderate is what you have been, Severus." She shook her head in mock sadness. "I suppose you spoiled my little game and broke the curse." She looked at her husband with unconcealed hatred that would have made a weaker man tremble.

"Of course." He smirked. "And by now you must realise that by failing in your attempt to use Snape you now have three of us to deal with."

Odile tapped long blood red nails against equally blood red lips.

"Oh, I don't think so." She battered her eyelashes at him and turned to look at Snape.

"You couldn't do it," she said firmly. "You couldn't kill me."

Snape raised one black eyebrow never letting his wand lower.

"You are labouring under a misunderstanding then," he replied smoothly. "My only regret will be that I didn't do this sooner."